XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
wolfpac1908

Default Throwing in the towel

I give up on this game. Trophies like Hamilwho? have taken the enjoyment out of it. I refuse to believe Ruth cant hit 29 homers out of a park with a 365ft center field wall. I think its complete luck based randomness. I have hit a pitch 485 ft, then get the same pitch and hit it 235 ft. "F" this trophy and "F" this stupid game. Im gonna sell it while i can still get something for it. Good luck anyone who sticks this one out.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
atlpar8head

You know, I don't blame you because I literally had this game in my hand about to go to Gamestop and then told myself no I can do this. I'm now just the online league trophy away from the plat. But, yeah I don't think I'll be getting next year's game.

Most Recent MLB 12: The Show
atlpar8head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
wolfpac1908

I need two online(which I have a partner for), Rob a homerun, Crazy eights, and hamilwho? The others are easy, but whats the point in even trying when hamilwho is gonna block me anyways. I talked to my boosting partner today and he's in the same boat. He was like If you want the online ones lets do it because he was getting ready to trade it in. I told him let me try hamilwho tonight. 4 hours and nothing. Strike three! its outta here.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase MLB 14: Home Run Derby Champion   Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

That is sad. You are giving away a game that is incredible. I know the trophies are ridiculous but the game itself is outstanding. The graphics, mechanics, everything but the trophies are amazing. Keep the game for the game... not the trophies. The only reason to give it away is if becomes boring non-trophy wise.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
M-Easy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I agree man F#CK that trophy and this game. I'm giving it another week, then because I love baseball imma pick-up MLB 2k10. It may not be as good a game but it doesn't have Hamilwho and thats all that matters.

->>The 1st Person in the World to :<<-
Madden NFL 15 ~ PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate ~ Dead Nation Vita ~ MLB 14 Vita ~ FUSE ~ Star Trek ~ MLB 13 Vita
Spy Hunter ~ Madden 13 Vita ~ NCAA 13 ~ MIB ~ NGC ~ Crysis 2 ~ Bodycount~ F.E.A.R 3 ~ Brink ~ NBA 09

M-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Wozamil

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

You can't do Hamilwho? for four hours. Trust me. You got an hour and that's it. If you failed within that hour try again the next day. Anything after an hour and a whole lot of frustration sets in and your just wasting your time

Wozamil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
wolfpac1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowen View Post
That is sad. You are giving away a game that is incredible. I know the trophies are ridiculous but the game itself is outstanding. The graphics, mechanics, everything but the trophies are amazing. Keep the game for the game... not the trophies. The only reason to give it away is if becomes boring non-trophy wise.
i agree that the game is incredible. The graphics, gameplay, and presentation are the best I have seen in any baseball game. With the exception of the inconsistant pitching, there isnt much I would change about the game. However, the constant grind and failure of some of these trophies(hamilwho more specificially) has taken a toll on me. Im not looking for easy platinums,but come on. When a trophy is luck based and the computer screws me(and others) It makes me want to run over this game.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
atlpar8head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozamil View Post
You can't do Hamilwho? for four hours. Trust me. You got an hour and that's it. If you failed within that hour try again the next day. Anything after an hour and a whole lot of frustration sets in and your just wasting your time
I couldn't agree more. I figured out the same thing. I would get so pissed off that I would swing at every thing and cuss out anyone who even tried to talk to me. ( My fiancee sure didn't appreciate it) So I came up with a plan to just dedicate one hour a day to it and the second day I got it. You kinda have to be in the zone. I kept restarting when I felt I had no chance and when I finally got it I had 16 hrs and 8 outs. I actually paused the game and then decided " Ah, hell with it I'll play it out." Well I ended up getting all the way to 29 and it popped. So that tells me you have to have a cool head because that was like the only time I just didn't give a shit cause I knew I had no chance and I got it. It was funny cause my fiancee walked by when I was at 28 with 9 outs. After I got it she said she knew she better not say anything cause if I made an out at 28 I would've blamed her. She knows me too well.

Most Recent MLB 12: The Show
atlpar8head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
videogameman6
Banned

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immikeulate View Post
I agree man F#CK that trophy and this game. I'm giving it another week, then because I love baseball imma pick-up MLB 2k10. It may not be as good a game but it doesn't have Hamilwho and thats all that matters.

Wow you are going to trade in an amazing game with some hard trophies...and take a horrible game just because of the trophies. That's sad. It's like trading in a Ps3 for a ps1. which is sad.
videogameman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
VivaElDopeBoy

I've never played a game purely for trophies and I refuse to do it. It completely takes away from the fun of the actual game, while the trophies in The Show are pretty hard the game itself is probably the best baseball game I've played since the EASports MVP Baseball series.
VivaElDopeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote