Throwing in the towel

wolfpac1908

I give up on this game. Trophies like Hamilwho? have taken the enjoyment out of it. I refuse to believe Ruth cant hit 29 homers out of a park with a 365ft center field wall. I think its complete luck based randomness. I have hit a pitch 485 ft, then get the same pitch and hit it 235 ft. "F" this trophy and "F" this stupid game. Im gonna sell it while i can still get something for it. Good luck anyone who sticks this one out.

I need two online(which I have a partner for), Rob a homerun, Crazy eights, and hamilwho? The others are easy, but whats the point in even trying when hamilwho is gonna block me anyways. I talked to my boosting partner today and he's in the same boat. He was like If you want the online ones lets do it because he was getting ready to trade it in. I told him let me try hamilwho tonight. 4 hours and nothing. Strike three! its outta here.

That is sad. You are giving away a game that is incredible. I know the trophies are ridiculous but the game itself is outstanding. The graphics, mechanics, everything but the trophies are amazing. Keep the game for the game... not the trophies. The only reason to give it away is if becomes boring non-trophy wise.

That is sad. You are giving away a game that is incredible. I know the trophies are ridiculous but the game itself is outstanding. The graphics, mechanics, everything but the trophies are amazing. Keep the game for the game... not the trophies. The only reason to give it away is if becomes boring non-trophy wise.

i agree that the game is incredible. The graphics, gameplay, and presentation are the best I have seen in any baseball game. With the exception of the inconsistant pitching, there isnt much I would change about the game. However, the constant grind and failure of some of these trophies(hamilwho more specificially) has taken a toll on me. Im not looking for easy platinums,but come on. When a trophy is luck based and the computer screws me(and others) It makes me want to run over this game.

You can't do Hamilwho? for four hours. Trust me. You got an hour and that's it. If you failed within that hour try again the next day. Anything after an hour and a whole lot of frustration sets in and your just wasting your time

I couldn't agree more. I figured out the same thing. I would get so pissed off that I would swing at every thing and cuss out anyone who even tried to talk to me. ( My fiancee sure didn't appreciate it) So I came up with a plan to just dedicate one hour a day to it and the second day I got it. You kinda have to be in the zone. I kept restarting when I felt I had no chance and when I finally got it I had 16 hrs and 8 outs. I actually paused the game and then decided " Ah, hell with it I'll play it out." Well I ended up getting all the way to 29 and it popped. So that tells me you have to have a cool head because that was like the only time I just didn't give a shit cause I knew I had no chance and I got it. It was funny cause my fiancee walked by when I was at 28 with 9 outs. After I got it she said she knew she better not say anything cause if I made an out at 28 I would've blamed her. She knows me too well.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree man F#CK that trophy and this game. I'm giving it another week, then because I love baseball imma pick-up MLB 2k10. It may not be as good a game but it doesn't have Hamilwho and thats all that matters.

Wow you are going to trade in an amazing game with some hard trophies...and take a horrible game just because of the trophies. That's sad. It's like trading in a Ps3 for a ps1. which is sad.

• 1 month later...

I've never played a game purely for trophies and I refuse to do it. It completely takes away from the fun of the actual game, while the trophies in The Show are pretty hard the game itself is probably the best baseball game I've played since the EASports MVP Baseball series.

I've never played a game purely for trophies and I refuse to do it. It completely takes away from the fun of the actual game, while the trophies in The Show are pretty hard the game itself is probably the best baseball game I've played since the EASports MVP Baseball series.
Agreed. They come as they come. ( The way I play this game, They WILL come.)

Trophies have almost taken the fun out of some games because that's all people go for. Platinum should be beat the game( or for this, MAke the hall ogf fame and win the world series), Not do a bunch of random, impossible crap on ridiculous difficulties. The online ones annoy me most. especially one's like this where you lose what you gained for losing one game. If you get 10 points a game and need to get to 500, you shouldn't lose the points for losing one game.:wall::rant:I also don't want to hunt for a boosting partner.

I used to be a trophies whore when I got Motorstorm and Midnight club LA and was hearing the trophies come left and right, Then I got call of duty, and I stopped

Edited by Doug-E-Fresh1994

Agreed. They come as they come. ( The way I play this game, They WILL come.)

Trophies have almost taken the fun out of some games because that's all people go for. Platinum should be beat the game( or for this, MAke the hall ogf fame and win the world series), Not do a bunch of random, impossible crap on ridiculous difficulties. The online ones annoy me most. especially one's like this where you lose what you gained for losing one game. If you get 10 points a game and need to get to 500, you shouldn't lose the points for losing one game.:wall::rant:I also don't want to hunt for a boosting partner.

I used to be a trophies whore when I got Motorstorm and Midnight club LA and was hearing the trophies come left and right, Then I got call of duty, and I stopped

I think most people on this forum will agree that online trophies suck. In fact I refuse to even attempt to platinum a game if it has online trophies (the exception being Madden '10 because they were too easy)

To completely start basing on buying, selling, and enjoying games based off virtual trophies is something that is very bad for gaming. How often to you get to brag, or what real pleasure do you get from it. I just like the trophies as "proof", and "feeling", like I accomplished something.

But hey, I've played countless PSone and PS2 games that were amazing and life changing, they didn't have trophies. It ruins and makes a game better so, just don't let trophies ruin the life of gaming. Soul Caliber IV for PS3 doesn't have trophies and it's f'ing awesome.

Edited by Deiradinn

I think most people on this forum will agree that online trophies suck. In fact I refuse to even attempt to platinum a game if it has online trophies (the exception being Madden '10 because they were too easy)
So in other words you don't have many platinums, because almost every one has some form of progress trophies

To completely start basing on buying, selling, and enjoying games based off virtual trophies is something that is very bad for gaming. How often to you get to brag, or what real pleasure do you get from it. I just like the trophies as "proof", and "feeling", like I accomplished something.

But hey, I've played countless PSone and PS2 games that were amazing and life changing, they didn't have trophies. It ruins and makes a game better so, just don't let trophies ruin the life of gaming. Soul Caliber IV for PS3 doesn't have trophies and it's f'ing awesome.

The only person I brag to is my dad who I beat by a landslide (360-760). All my other friends are call of duty KDR and other things like hat. BAck when burnout online was fun, I had a world rank of 42 at one point, that made me feel like I accomplished something