Rob a Homerun HELP!! or take it back

bognman420

has anyone got this yet any tricks or is it just play the games and hope u get it when the chance presents itself ive had a few chances but havent got one i act did this but up against the big green monster so it had no chance of being a home run:( but i was wondering can u do this with two controllers like with a buddy

has anyone got this yet any tricks or is it just play the games and hope u get it when the chance presents itself ive had a few chances but havent got one i act did this but up against the big green monster so it had no chance of being a home run:( but i was wondering can u do this with two controllers like with a buddy

I don't know if it would work playing with two controllers. Besides, that would be hard to do regardless.

not really if u edited stats and had a friend throw fastballs down the middle and hit up on the right stick to induce a fly ball i think it would be rather easy just wondering if anyone tried this yet

I tried this. I threw fastballs down the middle to myself (classic meter) and never got a homerun that was rob-able. I scored 100+ runs and probably 30-40 HRs. You might not want to max out the hitting teams power, I maxed everyone's power out and all of my HRs were never close to the wall.

I tried this. I threw fastballs down the middle to myself (classic meter) and never got a homerun that was rob-able. I scored 100+ runs and probably 30-40 HRs. You might not want to max out the hitting teams power, I maxed everyone's power out and all of my HRs were never close to the wall.

Just in case you guys don't know, you have to wait for the last little red circle to show then press R1 to jump. The key is also the timing. Now I havent got this trophy yet, but I rob a few foulballs doing this method.

Maybe this way is unorthodox, but the way I've always done it is with R3. If you have a running start and push R3 up when you're near a wall, the player will jump onto the wall, grab the top of the wall and reach as far up as he can. Never tried R1, does it do the same?

Ya it does. I use the classic controls on everything. Like I said earlier, I've robbed some foulballs thihs way, but not home runs. I don't allow many home runs. I play on Legend difficulty too:think: Maybe I'm just a good pitcher or something.

I was having a hard time with this one too...

until last night, when playing a friend, it just happened! :dance:

I was extremely surprised... it was the first time I've ever done it successfully, and coincidentally I was logged in under my main account, which I usually am not when I play 2 player games. So, when it comes down to it, this trophy is yet another one based primarily on luck.

My only advice is to save this trophy for last so that you may get it randomly on your way to another trophy. Good luck.

Here's my tip. Copy down all of Derek Jeter's hitting stats and make an entire team have those same stats. Play a 2 player game with yourself and keep throwing yourself meatballs. Increase your outfielders fielding skills along with speed. KileyJ hit three to the wall against me while point boosting with Jeter. 3 out of 50 isn't bad odds

or just wait till it happens naturally.

I had about 3 chance for this and every time I try to pulls this thing off I guess I'm always to early when jumping. No luck so far.

I was on a team in RTTS that has a low wall in left and was hopefull it would help me, UNFORTUNATELY they traded me to a team that has a wall that reveals the green monster..... So now I am hoping to switch either teams or positions (CF on this park is low). BUT I haven't had any oppurtunities to Rob one until I was traded. now like every other fly ball has the red circle under it close to the wall.... but the damned wall is TOO HIGH!!! Guess I will have to do the 2 controller method.

Just got this!!!!! :applause::applause:

very good way to get it.

I picked J+M field from the minor leagues since the wall all around is climbable. then i played on legend and just kept throwing fastballs down the middle. only increased the cpu power to max and fielders speed and ability to max. didn't touch any players. was the yankees pitching as joba and played the rays. i had about a chance every 5/7 pitches to rob 1 but i kept mistiming the jump. the cpu on legend will hit a HR everytime u throw a fastball down the middle. hope this helps!!!

Just got this!!!!! :applause::applause:

very good way to get it.

I picked J+M field from the minor leagues since the wall all around is climbable. then i played on legend and just kept throwing fastballs down the middle. only increased the cpu power to max and fielders speed and ability to max. didn't touch any players. was the yankees pitching as joba and played the rays. i had about a chance every 5/7 pitches to rob 1 but i kept mistiming the jump. the cpu on legend will hit a HR everytime u throw a fastball down the middle. hope this helps!!!

I think he meant to say you get a chance to Rob one every 57 runs.... cause I am trying this and so far only one has been robbable, and I missed it. the rest of the homeruns have been deep flies that are NOT catchable.

Just curious though Oylmphia.... how did you link your Xbox gamercard to your PS3 login? So I can link mine...

Edited by ULTRAMAGNUS1780

Yeah I have literally been trying this and other methods for 5 hrs and still haven't got this piece of shit trophy. This is officially worst than Hamilwho? in my opinion.

I gave up when it was 68-0 in the second inning.... and still only say the one HR that was robbable. Now just to be sure, does he mean don't change any players stats when he says don't touch the players. OR does he mean let them try to Rob the Homerun and don't touch em'? Either way though EVERY HR they Rays hit was 400+ and thus WAAAAYYY outta Robbable range.

I finally got this bitch of a trophy.:applause:

Here's exactly what I did. I edited all of the yankees hitters and gave them 99 contact and 90 power. I also edited derrick lowe of the braves and moved his hr/9 and speed on his 4seam all the way down and his BB/9 and control on his 4 seam all the way up. Then I created 3 Joe Randoms for LF,CF, and RF and made them all as tall as possible and maxed their fielding, speed, reaction time. I put them on the braves. So then I activated Max Speed and started an exhibition game as the braves against the yanks at J.M.field. I turned the pitch interface to classic and changed my defensive positioning to outfield deep on every batter. I actually had to move all the cpu sliders DOWN all the way cause they kept jacking hrs way too far. I just kept throwing fastballs down the middle and had lots of opportunities to rob but kept screwing up. I would be standing there and pressing R1 and would miss. So I thought," Let me try running and pressing it right before I get to the wall." And guess what? First try and I got the trophy. So, this worked for me so i thought I would pass it along. Good luck.

Edited by atlpar8head

I finally got this bitch of a trophy.:applause:

Here's exactly what I did. I edited all of the yankees hitters and gave them 99 contact and 90 power. I also edited derrick lowe of the braves and moved his hr/9 and speed on his 4seam all the way down and his BB/9 and control on his 4 seam all the way up. Then I created 3 Joe Randoms for LF,CF, and RF and made them all as tall as possible and maxed their fielding, speed, reaction time. I put them on the braves. So then I activated Max Speed and started an exhibition game as the braves against the yanks at J.M.field. I turned the pitch interface to classic and changed my defensive positioning to outfield deep on every batter. I actually had to move all the cpu sliders DOWN all the way cause they kept jacking hrs way too far. I just kept throwing fastballs down the middle and had lots of opportunities to rob but kept screwing up. I would be standing there and pressing R1 and would miss. So I thought," Let me try running and pressing it right before I get to the wall." And guess what? First try and I got the trophy. So, this worked for me so i thought I would pass it along. Good luck.

I will have to try this...

Think you can upload your roster to the web so we all can download it off mlb10 when we sign into sportsconnect.

I think he meant to say you get a chance to Rob one every 57 runs.... cause I am trying this and so far only one has been robbable, and I missed it. the rest of the homeruns have been deep flies that are NOT catchable.

Just curious though Oylmphia.... how did you link your Xbox gamercard to your PS3 login? So I can link mine...

Sorry but it worked for me. Guess I got lucky with this shit trophy. And just put ur gamercard URL in ur signature. Go to xbox360ach.org to see how it's done. I can't remember how I did it.

I tried again with other changes to the setup but still no trophy. I thought first that since the Rays were hitting Deep HR's I switched to Oriole Park (its deeper than J+M with a good climbable wall), but that was a no. Then I tried J+M but against a minor league team hoping they wouldn't hit the ball too far on HR, but they didn't hit any HR's... So guess I will keep at it.