Good Start tips?

Trombone482

Play a AA team and use a quality pitcher like CC Sabathia or Tim Lincecum and you can get it really easy. You can also fast forward to you pitching every inning and skip the batting. That will not negate the trophy and neither will having a reliever come in for you. Just make sure you get 15 strike outs in one game.

Basically follow what has already been said. I used Nolan Ryan on the silver era team against a minor league team. I increased my sliders to give him more stamina and better accuracy. I reduced CPU contact, power, and foul sliders.

Stick with fastballs primarily and occassionaly mix in some offspeed stuff. Drop all pop flies. Even if your yanked in the 7th inning, your replacement will be almost as good. The goal isn't to win the game. Also, skip all half innings your at bat.

• 2 years later...
Play a AA team and use a quality pitcher like CC Sabathia or Tim Lincecum and you can get it really easy. You can also fast forward to you pitching every inning and skip the batting. That will not negate the trophy and neither will having a reliever come in for you. Just make sure you get 15 strike outs in one game.

If you fast forward, the trophy will not unlock...