I need tips on how too hit

LURadioDJ

Just for some offline trophies and stuff it'd be nice to actually be able to play the game properly.

I grew up playing the EA baseball games starting with the Triple Play series up until MLB 2005, now while not being an "arcade game" persay, both of those games allowed you to hit the ball easily and field easily.

Now I've gotten MLB The Show 08 and 10 and have noticed that fielding is still pretty much the same which is good. But 2 games now and for the life of me I can barely hit the ball into the field let alone get homeruns.

Does anyone have any tips on hitting properly ?? :think:

Play...... Play.......& Play even more! It takes time to get used to hitting. I find setting the hitting difficulty to veteran give me more of an advantage than rookie. I like knowing where the pitch will end up via red markers. On rookie its pretty much a random chance at a good hit. I am going for RTTS: Back to Back (homers in 2 apperances) & rookie hitting does NOTHING! So try getting good at hitting on veteran.

• 1 month later...
But if I can't hit on Rookie, how am I going to be able to hit on a harder difficulty ??

As Chewy mentioned, it gives you the ability to guess the pitches first, which gives you a huge advantage when you guess correctly (which is extremely easy to do vs. the computer.)

I remember in RTTS, even with a shitty player, I would always play on Veteran because of it's many benefits like being able to power hit as well as getting more points for completing challenges. Also home runs are given to you much more than on Rookie.

I'm actually thinking about switching to Veteran for a while in HRD to see if it helps or not. ... still haven't gotten that Hamilwho? (G) yet and it's driving me crazy.