Platinum Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.43

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to give this a difficulty rating of 8. Some of those trophies are going to take a lot of work to achieve. There are a few easy ones and if you're a dedicated player, you'll earn others along the way. However, some of the RTTS ones seem almost impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's got to be some kind of way to track which users are voting these games as "1"s. Even the best among us wouldn't vote a game like this a "1", and anyone who does should be perm-banned for wanton antisocial behavior.

Anyhow, most of the trophies here can be had with cheap work arounds... like reloading when you blow a streak or having a walk-off homer in a 2 player game or whatever. But some of these are going to take some skill -- The Cycle and Personal Perfection stand out -- and the rest will take some dedication.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

7: Will take some time. I've had this franchise game for the past 4 years so the a lot of the stuff is the same as the previous years. Some trophies are hard, some are easy. Some don't take long (got the streaker (pitching B,S,G) in less than 3 hours. The hitter streaker is a bit tough right now since I'm always pitch hitting. The MLB awards will be a piece of cake once I reach the MLB. The only thing that will take some time is 1: The 100 losses and 2) the online trophies.

I don't expect to platinum this until the end of the actual MLB season.

7: Will take some time. I've had this franchise game for the past 4 years so the a lot of the stuff is the same as the previous years. Some trophies are hard, some are easy. Some don't take long (got the streaker (pitching B,S,G) in less than 3 hours. The hitter streaker is a bit tough right now since I'm always pitch hitting. The MLB awards will be a piece of cake once I reach the MLB. The only thing that will take some time is 1: The 100 losses and 2) the online trophies.

I don't expect to platinum this until the end of the actual MLB season.

These are the easiest trophies.in the game/ My first trophy was onehundred losses. You can boost the online trophies.

Then I got all 3 striker for pitcher. all streaker trophies are cheatable And I requested a call up in the 3rd seasonand got that THan quit and went back to AAA. It was too hard for my stats. Im starting in triple A so im playing 7-8-innings a game.

How hard are the personal perfection trophies and hit for the cycle.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I say 10! This game has the most brutal Trophies EVER. I Platinum'd CoD: WaW, while nearly going insane. That's nothing compared to MLB 09. A PERFECT game, No Hitter, hit for Cycle, AND you have to get 300Hr's, plus 1,000 hits plus 1,500 RBI's, then go and get 500k's?? :eek:

Stirkeouts are easy, but 300 Homers n 1,000 hits?? I've played hardcore for a week and my RTTS Hitter only has like 45 hits, 3 career HR's, 50 RBI thru AAA.

Let's say you Hit 1 for 3 everyday, for ten games = About 10 hits, 15 RBI per day, if ur good. At this pace it will literally take you 100 days minimum to get those Trophies... That's 3 and a half Months, 10 hits every single day.

Let's say you Homer 3 times a week. Again, that's about 150 Homers in 52 weeks, or a Year. So, at 3 Homers a day, it will take you 730 days, Homering every 2.43 days... and if ur REALLY good and hit a HR every day, that's still 100 days, or 3 and a half Months.

I would say a 10. With boosting and quit/nosave on hit streak an 8 1/2.

Some of the trophies are insane. I've played this game for almost a month now and I'm at 25% and some have been really lucky.

I just got the strike out 10 batters in a RTTS game last night. I had nine once before and 8 a few times, I've put almost every point into strikeouts. Now I gotta go for the win streaks. Won't be too hard, My AA team, the astros, is doing good.

Hit the cycle with a rtts player will just be a matter of luck. I did it last year in like 2011 in game against the blue jays. That was a pretty cool feeling. This year I'm sticking to the same strategy. :)

Playing online is incredibly challenging. I'm currently 1-9 playing online with a batting average of like .172 :( I also have the worst luck. The other night I loaded the bases with 1 out and hit into a double play...I also usually only lose by 1 run which makes it so frustrating.

I probably won't see a platinum in this game but I haven't given up.

• 1 month later...
without boosting it may be a 10 but with boosting its prolly a 5-6. I'm close to that plat, the saving grace is it's such a good game it never becomes a grind for me getting the more time consuming trophies. I love baseball.

You cant boost the hard trophies... its a 10 no matter how you do it. Perfect Game, No Hitter, Cycle, and the it takes time trophies are not boostable.

You cant boost the hard trophies... its a 10 no matter how you do it. Perfect Game, No Hitter, Cycle, and the it takes time trophies are not boostable.

perfect game can be done in 3ip, no hitter can save and reload, cycle can be pretty easy with right sliders and it takes time trophies can be done in 2p.

I say 10! Let's say you Hit 1 for 3 everyday, for ten games = About 10 hits, 15 RBI per day, if ur good. At this pace it will literally take you 100 days minimum to get those Trophies... That's 3 and a half Months, 10 hits every single day.

Your exaggerating this by a lot. 10 hits a day is not realistic, most people could hit 20 in 10 games. And 10 games is not a lot anyway, playing on Rtts, you could play 25 games in less then an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this one up, as I'm assuming it'll be the last with the NY stadiums. Gave it a 10 because even the boosts are difficult and time consuming. That being said, I didn't buy this strictly for trophies and it's by far the best MLB title I've ever played.

Edited by Razorhoof78

Just picked this one up, as I'm assuming it'll be the last with the NY stadiums. Gave it a 10 because even the boosts are difficult and time consuming. That being said, I didn't buy this strictly for trophies and it's by far the best MLB title I've ever played.

it has both of the new NY stadiums. Old yankee stadium can be chosen for exhibition games though (at least it can be when you play the Golden Era v. the Silver Era)

it has both of the new NY stadiums. Old yankee stadium can be chosen for exhibition games though (at least it can be when you play the Golden Era v. the Silver Era)

Damn, that blows. Just started on Season as Boston and haven't made it to NY yet. Oh well - still a great game.

what do u mean havnt made it 2 ny yet, u didnt play them yet, or the stadium aint there

@jeff, yes but this is the last w/ the pld stadiums, like last year year they had the polo grounds (w/ like a 470 ft center field) 4 there classic, now its the old NY stadiums...

ill miss shea, im 13 and ive been there 57 times, thats how much im a fan... now there chiti field, and it aint shitty, pretty nice, been there 5 times already, we got mad cheap seats, then we sit at the railing behind the seats w/ the bar 2 put food and drinks there, im going twice on sunday and next sunday

but u probably dont care :D

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty close to grabbing the Plat for the game and I can testify to how much frustration this game will cause you if you're going for the trophies. Personally, I took one look at them when I got the game and said "No way!" After about two months, I had five to ten trophies and finally started on the RTTS facet of the game. It was fun, until it was boring -- then I started just whoring the trophies using the obvious save work-around.

The 100 wins will come naturally through RTTS -- however, you cannot believe what you see on your profile in the game. Those stats are for your entire team regardless of your personal stats within RTTS. I had one profile that I used for a 20-year career in RTTS and it showed over 14,000 homeruns.

An easy way, but extremely cheap and boring way, to get the homerun and RBI trophies (which I attained most recently) is to setup an exhibition and use two controllers. Load the bases and then hit an inside-the-park homerun. It takes about a minute per HR and you get 1 HR and 4 RBI. Just be careful not to let the score get too high (100+) as it could glitch out and keep you from being able to save those stats. I personally had a 227-1 game (wife jumped in and scored somehow) and it locked up.

The hardest trophy in the game is the cycle as there is no real way to glitch this trophy. You literally have to build your stats, prepare yourself at the plate and play enough to be comfortable using the RTTS controls. Make sure that you focus on spreading your attribute points around because once you spend points on an area, that area will not decrease for 30 days. Spend the minimum to maintain your attributes and use any excess on speed, power and contact. If you can start a game off with a triple or homerun, play the rest of it out. If you get a couple outs and you're staring at the middle innings, don't even bother. Personally, I had a triple and double but was unaware that I had singled earlier in the game as well. The announcer mentioned, while the pitcher was in the windup, that I was 3-for-4 with a triple and a double. It took me by surprise and I ended up swinging late, taking the ball down the line for an opposite field pole shot. My wife was in the room and she was more excited than I was -- I think I was simply shocked that I had gotten it so quickly after thinking I would never see that trophy.

Anyways, getting back on track -- the game is ridiculously hard from the perspective of a true trophy hunter -- whom I guess would desire to see a platinum in about 10-15 hours. This game will require a good month of your time, playing several hours a day, unless you can pick it up extremely easily.

• 1 month later...