Difficulty and Inning settings

Liad-88

So i started my pitcher now, and it turns out he was on the rookie setting. Now to get the All-Star RttS trophies with the pitcher, can I just change the settings to All-Star and it'll register the difficulty setting when i continue playing with my pitcher, or is it set to Rookie forever now?

Also, i've been pitching 9 innings every game, and it just takes forever. Can I change it to 3 innings and still get credit for winning the games/ get personal perfection that way? on a 10-win streak now, and don't want to reset it.

edit: I'll throw in a couple more questions now (I think the MLB 09 thread might be a bit dead, but the community is just so good that i'll hope for responses :))

Hitting streak: what qualifies as having a hitting streak? is it getting on base/homer at one of your at-bats during a game, or do i have to get on base/homer on each at-bat to have it qualify as one hitting streak?

MVP award: is it possible to win this as a pitcher? i've been doing some batting on another RttS player but i'm just ... horrible at it, so went to pitching now, and enjoying it. Batting is killing me, and I can barely get anywhere, so atm i'm just simulating games with the batter, to get training points.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated, because the game just assumes you'll know everything the game has to offer, and some of this stuff is pretty cryptic for someone who hasn't been near this sport

Edited by Liad-88

• 1 month later...

Hitting streak is when you get at least one hit each time you have an official at bat.

Getting a walk/hit by a pitch does not count as a hitting streak. However, say you were walked 4 times in one game and did not get a hit; that will not end your streak because technically you never had a chance to get a hit since you were walked.

As for the MVP...in real life baseball it is possible and has happened. In the game, I believe it is also possible since I saw MVP candidates when I played.

However, its best if you just use a position player