Online Legend Gold Trophy (Online League Trophy): The Easy way with only 2 people!!

3rdamention

This is actually for the Online Legend Trophy, Major Leaguer Trophy, and Networks Trophy. All 3 can be achieved using this system.

Well, I was wanting the Online League trophy but the problem was, I have never really enjoyed the online play in MLB The Show. Too much lag, quitters, etc. dont help make the game very enjoyable online. Playing and completing a league was more of a chore for me, so I wanted the easy way out. I was going to join an online league with DeLaPhusie but he just kept telling me we needed 2 more players, then suddenly found players and started the league without me.

I did this 2 nights ago with "themanster" and we each got the trophy in only 2 short evenings worth of work.

Right now when you get 6 people, everyone plays each other 1 time, then you have the playoffs. Winner of the playoffs, gets the trophy. Problem is, it is tough to find 5 other people who are all down to do this, then have everyone online for a few nights to complete it in a manageable amount of time.

Here is what you do:

So all you need is one other person. Each of you create 2 other new PSN IDs on your system and then share those 2 PSN IDs with the other person. DONT SHARE YOUR REAL PSN ID THAT YOU USE, JUST THE 2 FAKE ONES YOU MADE. Give the login email address and password to your friend and they do the same with you.

When you are done, you will have 4 new PSN IDs on your system, and your partner will have the exact same 4 PSN IDs on their system. The rest is pretty self explanitory.

Set up an Online League, invite your friend and the 4 other Fake PSN IDs. These PSN IDs will say they are not available when you invite them until you start up the game logged in as those IDS. So you want to make sure that you log in to Sports Connect with each of the 4 fake IDs first, then invite them to your league.

Now you simply play your league. Log in as your Real PSN ID, have the other person log in as one of the others. You only have to play the first inning, then after the first, someone can concede. The other person will get the win even if no runs are scored for either team. Now the other person logs into the next account to play you and so on. When you have played all 5 of your games, have your friend log in as their PSN ID and now you log in as the other fakes and play him. This will take a bit of time cause you are playing as 5 different people.

It is a little of work in the beginning, but you will start to fly through it in no time. The basic premise is that you and a friend are playing as the 4 other people as well. This is so much easier than trying to complete all your games with 5 other people and do it 6 total times so everyone gets the trophy. Again, we did this in just 2 nights.

Edited by 3rdamention

Yeah I would love to do this. If anyone is interested in doing this with me send me a pm.

I'll create a couple of accounts in the meantime.

EDIT: Ok i got the trophies. Thanks chriso10 and chenguo4.

Edited by T-Mac_41

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice find :) I would also like a partner for this one! Add me!

I also need the other two online trophies (Major Leaguer, which I'm assuming I can get in the process of getting Online Legend, and Net works). Whoever can help me out with these will have my forever gratitude :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone else confirm that this works?

I'm trying this with someone else and we are having to play every single game - even our alt accounts against our alts - which is taking a long long time.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I did this and yes it does work.

Basically you play every game just quit in the top of the 2nd. Though who ever will win the league first can never quit a game on their main account as they must be perfect as you will unlock the sliver trophy and then the gold trophy. Though after your frist run through the league commish needs to end the league and you need to exit online play then re-enter online play for the gold trophy to pop.

Now create another league and do the same again and by the end you both should have it.

I did this and yes it does work.

Basically you play every game just quit in the top of the 2nd. Though who ever will win the league first can never quit a game on their main account as they must be perfect as you will unlock the sliver trophy and then the gold trophy. Though after your frist run through the league commish needs to end the league and you need to exit online play then re-enter online play for the gold trophy to pop.

Now create another league and do the same again and by the end you both should have it.

Ah, I knew I forgot to post something yesterday; thanks for the tips though.

We got it in the afternoon after playing all morning. AND we did play every game, damnit. I only figured out you could end the league early with 1 game left before playoffs of our 2nd play-through when I was the commish. I figured playin the last game would be quicker than explaining that. Whatever though, its done and its a damn hard trophy to get. Its my new "NEVER AGAIN!" trophy.