XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > MLB 09 The Show

Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 AM   #31 (permalink)

You probably advanced on a throw to home plate. It happens a lot to me on my singles. They'll throw to try to get the person out at third base and I'll advance to second on the throw. Sometimes, it will count as a double and other times it will still be a single. It depends on when you make your break for the extra base.
Rampidzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampidzier View Post
You probably advanced on a throw to home plate. It happens a lot to me on my singles. They'll throw to try to get the person out at third base and I'll advance to second on the throw. Sometimes, it will count as a double and other times it will still be a single. It depends on when you make your break for the extra base.
Oh ok. Yeah that is what I did. Damn I thought I had it too and then the trophy didn't pop up and I was like shit... lol
vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

damnit. I'm about to just give up on this trophy...
vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

max out yur character's stats
play on rookie
turn speed all the way on.
There's really no easier way to put it =]
go for inside the park hrs and triples ASAP. doubles and singles are obviously the eaiser ones =]
Wrenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #35 (permalink)

I finally accepted that this is going to happen at some point and until then just try and max out my stats. My contact is in the mid 70s and power in the mid 60s and I got triple, double, single, flyout, flyout last night, so it will eventually happen.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

Smile The way to get the cycle

1. Maximise every attributes of your RTTS player.
2. Go to Profile and go to Reward and activate Fast Run
3. Usually, you have at least 4 or 5 chances to hit in a game and concentrate to hit the ball and make it hit. If you lose the chance more than twice, just exit the game and try another game. Finally, you will get it.
cloud21c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #37 (permalink)

i was a hr away from getting this today. i'm in spring training for year 5 right now, so hopefully i get a lot of points for power. it's just right time right place i guess.

badnewsliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #38 (permalink)

oh and on a side note, if you get a good shot into the gap and you have a lot of speed, don't stop at 2nd. try for third and you should have enough room to get in there safely since the cutoff man slows down the play.

badnewsliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #39 (permalink)

why is it always the ones you think are easier that you miss, ive had 2 where i just needed a single and 4 just needing a homer but im sure it will happen before i get all the 'takes times'. then again i thought my no hitter would happen before the perfect game yet perfect ive got but still waiting on no hitter, go figure

Last edited by mattvr4; 03-04-2010 at 01:26 AM.
mattvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvr4 View Post
why is it always the ones you think are easier that you miss, ive had 2 where i just needed a single and 4 just needing a homer but im sure it will happen before i get all the 'takes times'. then again i thought my no hitter would happen before the perfect game yet perfect ive got but still waiting on no hitter, go figure
That is not possible unless the one of them requires you to use your RttS player or All-Star difficulty or whatever. A perfect games means no one got on base therefore no hits allowed.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote