Misato Katsuragi News Project

Nerve News 24

I downloaded a 1.3 GB file last night from the Japanese PS Store. After googling a bit I found out the software is Nerve News 24. It's registered in my trophies with three bronze, five silver and a gold.

Problem is I don't understand Japanese at all and I'm having a bit of trouble with the game. It won't let me access the news section, which makes me wonder if its just a demo.

In the Japan PS Store the software is free and next to it for 800Y is what I'm guessing is an unlock key. If anyone can confirm my suspicions, I'd appreciate it. Or if you can tell me how to get into the news. Thanks.

The 800 Yen is a 30 day pass, its not a unlock key. Normally unlock keys are in with the game this is a monthly fee that you pay to play the game, its not one of those auto re-new fees that some games sneak in so if you want the trophies sadly your going to have to pay.

• 3 weeks later...
The 800 Yen is a 30 day pass, its not a unlock key.

800 Yen is, what, €8?

If so, I might consider importing an Japanese PSN Card and purchasing the thirty-day pass.

Also, I'm assuming that for the date-specific trophies, you can just change the date on your PS3, right?

800 Yen is, what, €8?

If so, I might consider importing an Japanese PSN Card and purchasing the thirty-day pass.

Also, I'm assuming that for the date-specific trophies, you can just change the date on your PS3, right?

i think its locked to your jp account only. so you can only get the trophies on that japanese account.

i think its locked to your jp account only. so you can only get the trophies on that japanese account.

its true ive bought the 30day pass and cant get trophies on my Portland user jus my jap user ive tried everything i can think of if any1 knows a way around this would b nice to know otherwise dnt buy it or download it otherwise you'll have 0% forever

• 3 months later...

to me, this permanent 0% taint is unacceptable and I will eventually find a work around. I'm going to wait this year out for some more developments in the PS3 hacking scene, but my general idea is to buy the subscription on the Japan account. Assuming that it must be installed (This is the sketchy part, because I dont know how it works exactly, maybe you guys do?), use that PS3 download catcher to intercept the download and route it to your PC. Unencrypt the data (this is where we need some more developments in the hacking scene), modify the owner info to the account desired or so that it has no lock, re-encrypt the data, then copy it back over to the PS3 by any means necessary. Then proceed to install the data and run the game.

It will probably be no less than a year before I get any progress on this but eventually we will find a work around to getting these trophies. The problem is the PS3's encryption. Unencrypted save files (like Dark Sector or MW2) can be tampered with, for example.

This game use a "licence" who's attach to your PSN account. It's not a key or something in the program. Each time you launch the game, he look at your online account if u got the licence.

If you find how to attach a japanese licence with a "foreign account", it's okay but i think is impossible.

Well, the support of this game will be stop the 2010 june, after this date, i don't know if it's possible to earn any trophy.