XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Mirror's Edge

Old 11-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Time Frame for Time Trials & Speedruns?

Ok, so I have completed the game on Normal & Hard, only trophies needed are Trial-related and Speedrun-related.

I do have 3 Stars on Playground One and have done the Prologue Speedrun.. I am just wondering what length of time do you think it takes to get all Speedruns done and get 90 Stars on Trials?

Obviously it varies from person to person, but just wanted to get a glimpse at how long it took people.
MV-c-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

I just got 90 stars and it's taken me about 3 weeks of solid Time Trialling to get to that.

For the 90 stars, the minimum requirements are 3 stars on 24/33 of the courses, and 2 stars for the remaining 9.

A word of warning, it's not easy to get 3 stars on the courses - the only ones I found very easy were Playground 1 and Office. Some were quite tricky and others - well, let's just say a lot of swearing was involved...

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 11-29-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

they take about forever for me. i stopped cause the time trials require a lot of patience that right now I just dont have.

Sig Courtesy of Bahamut Fury.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

So far;
Chroma - 2 (soooooo close to 3, but the wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, jump halfway through it is ruining my patience!)
Playground One - 3
Playground Two - 3

I can see this will take some time but I'm committed and know I can do it so let's see how it goes.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   5,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-c-P View Post
So far;
Chroma - 2 (soooooo close to 3, but the wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, jump halfway through it is ruining my patience!)
Playground One - 3
Playground Two - 3

I can see this will take some time but I'm committed and know I can do it so let's see how it goes.
Best way to get past that section is this:

Wallrun and move the analog stick left, then jump. Run forward a little bit, get to the checkpoint, then do the same for the next section. If you find that you're not quite making it with the jumps, then try coiling and you should get there. Don't try and do it all in one wallrun, I found it impossible.

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you

Old 11-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
Best way to get past that section is this:

Wallrun and move the analog stick left, then jump. Run forward a little bit, get to the checkpoint, then do the same for the next section. If you find that you're not quite making it with the jumps, then try coiling and you should get there. Don't try and do it all in one wallrun, I found it impossible.

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you
Thanks for the help man, just got it and this weeks WR for it

Not the best run @ 1:01, but I'll take the 3 stars - always feels so good once you accomplish 3 stars, doesnt it?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I never got the 90 stars as I dont have the DLC, but I didnt find the time related events required for platinum all that hard. The speedruns are rather easy if you know a few shortcuts and most of them can be done in one or 2 tries. There are 2-3 levels that may take you 30-40 minutes each but none should take you over an hour. Total time for the 9 speed runs should set you back about 2.5-5 hours depending on your skill level.

Time trials are rather easy if you are just going for platinum because you have a lot of wiggle room, espeically if you have the DLC. I got enough stars for platinum (without DLC) in around 2-3 hours. So combined for time trials and speed runs I would say you are looking at around 5-9 hours depending on your skill

Trophy Card and Trophy Case in spoiler tag
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
mycuccismells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Awards Showcase Vy's Glow in the Dark Role Playing Mix   Staff - Administrator   Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycuccismells View Post
So combined for time trials and speed runs I would say you are looking at around 5-9 hours depending on your skill
I would say 5-9 hours if you're *really* good at this game and are a natural. I am mediocre at this game and it probably took me close to 10-15 hours just to get 50 stars. And that's with the DLC and it's wiggle room.

Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guide Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-c-P View Post
Thanks for the help man, just got it and this weeks WR for it

Not the best run @ 1:01, but I'll take the 3 stars - always feels so good once you accomplish 3 stars, doesnt it?
It certainly does, congratulations on getting the 3 stars

Think I got the same time as you

Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks

Just to clarify here... is it only 50 stars you need to Platinum the game? Then the, 75 stars, 90 stars are just additional gold trophies?