Time Frame for Time Trials & Speedruns?

MV-c-P

Ok, so I have completed the game on Normal & Hard, only trophies needed are Trial-related and Speedrun-related.

I do have 3 Stars on Playground One and have done the Prologue Speedrun.. I am just wondering what length of time do you think it takes to get all Speedruns done and get 90 Stars on Trials?

Obviously it varies from person to person, but just wanted to get a glimpse at how long it took people.

I just got 90 stars and it's taken me about 3 weeks of solid Time Trialling to get to that.

For the 90 stars, the minimum requirements are 3 stars on 24/33 of the courses, and 2 stars for the remaining 9.

A word of warning, it's not easy to get 3 stars on the courses - the only ones I found very easy were Playground 1 and Office. Some were quite tricky and others - well, let's just say a lot of swearing was involved...

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

So far;

Chroma - 2 (soooooo close to 3, but the wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, jump halfway through it is ruining my patience!)

Playground One - 3

Playground Two - 3

I can see this will take some time but I'm committed and know I can do it so let's see how it goes.

So far;

Chroma - 2 (soooooo close to 3, but the wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, wallrun, jump halfway through it is ruining my patience!)

Playground One - 3

Playground Two - 3

I can see this will take some time but I'm committed and know I can do it so let's see how it goes.

Best way to get past that section is this:

Wallrun and move the analog stick left, then jump. Run forward a little bit, get to the checkpoint, then do the same for the next section. If you find that you're not quite making it with the jumps, then try coiling and you should get there. Don't try and do it all in one wallrun, I found it impossible.

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you :)

Best way to get past that section is this:

Wallrun and move the analog stick left, then jump. Run forward a little bit, get to the checkpoint, then do the same for the next section. If you find that you're not quite making it with the jumps, then try coiling and you should get there. Don't try and do it all in one wallrun, I found it impossible.

Best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you :)

Thanks for the help man, just got it and this weeks WR for it :)

Not the best run @ 1:01, but I'll take the 3 stars - always feels so good once you accomplish 3 stars, doesnt it? :D

I never got the 90 stars as I dont have the DLC, but I didnt find the time related events required for platinum all that hard. The speedruns are rather easy if you know a few shortcuts and most of them can be done in one or 2 tries. There are 2-3 levels that may take you 30-40 minutes each but none should take you over an hour. Total time for the 9 speed runs should set you back about 2.5-5 hours depending on your skill level.

Time trials are rather easy if you are just going for platinum because you have a lot of wiggle room, espeically if you have the DLC. I got enough stars for platinum (without DLC) in around 2-3 hours. So combined for time trials and speed runs I would say you are looking at around 5-9 hours depending on your skill

So combined for time trials and speed runs I would say you are looking at around 5-9 hours depending on your skill

I would say 5-9 hours if you're *really* good at this game and are a natural. I am mediocre at this game and it probably took me close to 10-15 hours just to get 50 stars. And that's with the DLC and it's wiggle room.

Thanks for the help man, just got it and this weeks WR for it :)

Not the best run @ 1:01, but I'll take the 3 stars - always feels so good once you accomplish 3 stars, doesnt it? :D

It certainly does, congratulations on getting the 3 stars :applause:

Think I got the same time as you

Yeah, those trophies were very unpleasant, but also kinda fun testing out your skills. They will definately take some getting used to. But after getting the (P), I felt like a total badass:dance:. As for the time frame, it took me a little over a week. But after swearing a lot and beating up my bedroom door a few times, I finally got it!!:dance:

Can't wait for a sequel, this game was very nice and for $20 it was totally worth it:D!! Good luck buddy!:)

Edited by Dreadnought190

Yeah, those trophies were very unpleasant, but also kinda fun testing out your skills. They will definately take some getting used to. But after getting the (P), I felt like a total badass:dance:. As for the time frame, it took me a little over a week. But after swearing a lot and beating up my bedroom door a few times, I finally got it!!:dance:

Can't wait for a sequel, this game was very nice and for $20 it was totally worth it:D!! Good luck buddy!:)

Haha yesss LOL.

The best tip I can give you, have a pillow or a soft toy near you, its easier on the knuckles. ;)

Slowly getting there (27 stars/2 speedruns) but yes I feel frustrated a lot. It's a strange thing with this game, it annoys the hell out of me yet it brings me so much joy when it goes right.

I can tell these Speedruns will get on my nerves, just followed a YouTube video for Chapter 1 (they got 4mins 30secs and I ended up just 10 seconds within the allocated time of 6mins).

I think I already dumped 15 hours into time trials and speed runs and I got 35 stars and 2 speed runs done...

At the moment this platinum feels twice as hard as Wipeout was. My problem is that the idea of the game is not bad, but the controls with two analog sticks are just beyond horrible. So I just play it on and off, cause I can't stand it more than 2 hours. That doesn't help my skills I guess... -.-

It took me a solid week to get the 50 stars and the Speedruns done.

Chapter 2 and Chapter 9 were the most frustrating Speedruns but to be fair I found the Time Trials easy enough (with the free DLC). I honestly don't think I could get the additional 75 and 90 stars although maybe I'll try it out in the near future.

It took me a solid week to get the 50 stars and the Speedruns done.

Chapter 2 and Chapter 9 were the most frustrating Speedruns but to be fair I found the Time Trials easy enough (with the free DLC). I honestly don't think I could get the additional 75 and 90 stars although maybe I'll try it out in the near future.

Give it a try and see how you get on. I thought the same thing but it eventually came

Haha yesss LOL.

The best tip I can give you, have a pillow or a soft toy near you, its easier on the knuckles. ;)

I didn't have a pillow or a soft toy I used. For some reason if I get SUPER pissed I don't feel too much pain, but anger also lowers IQ so I've heard, I guess that's why I had to punch something and feel a little less pain than normal.

Yeah, this game required this much patience out of me.:p

I don't own the DLC, so I can just talk about the time it took me to achieve 50 stars and all Speedruns done. Well, it took me about a Week, 2-3 Days for the Time-Trials, and the rest for the speedruns with an average playtime of 2-3hours per day.

Maybe one day I'll go back and try the DLC Trophies - But just if I'm in need of another round of heavy cursing at my TV and stuff. :p

For the getting pissed stuff - Somebody else expierenced this? Always when I'm super pissed, and I'll just continue doing what's pissing me off my anger and cursing turns to being amused and laughing about how ridiculous this stuff is - and, after that point is reached, it only takes 2-3 more tries till I get it done.

• 4 weeks later...