Petition to EA

Lizbeth

I'd gladly believe that clicking is pointless, but Anita Sarkeesian is in ME2 team just because bunch of kids (?) on the internets clicked like on her Youtube videos.

Yeah, so she's proven to be a likable person with views that many hundreds of thousands of people can agree with, whether you do or not.

Thus, based on that proven user base as well as her views aligning with their own, they hired her on to help with their game. They signed a contract with her to work on it. They have paid her, and will continue to pay her, a lot of money.

Companies don't make these decisions lightly.

Whether you or I or anyone on a forum agree with what she has to say (I actually have no clue what she has said - I'm just using logic here), the fact of the matter is that a person has been hired on contract to do a job. That's not something that you can just drop on the basis that people signed a petition online. Democracy is one thing, but it doesn't govern peoples' livelihoods, and rightly so, ESPECIALLY when it's practically anonymous.

Can you imagine if you could get the chick at McDonald's who fucked up your order fired by getting signatures on an online petition? Yeah, if she keeps her job, she may fuck up your McDouble again, but that's where you make a complaint. Write an email. Talk to the manager. THAT is why these petitions are worthless, and will never DO anything. It's SO easy to say "I don't like this", but once the masses are asked "why?", they get all silent and don't want to participate anymore.

You want Anita whats-her-face to not work on a game? Send an email to EA. Ask your friends to form their own opinions and to do the same. Don't ask a bunch of people on the internet to arbitrarily click a checkbox. As someone who works with internet data on a daily basis, I can tell you right now that these petitions are the most worthless data you could possibly submit to a company, ESPECIALLY when someone's JOB is at stake.

Edited by Noid

Yeah, so she's proven to be a likable person I actually have no clue what she has said

In short, she is a social justice warrior who gone crusade on video games. Mostly she takes a game she never played and blames it for being mysoginic, and she does that in the most hypocritical ways (completely ignoring the fact that a game cannot be completed without killing many male character but even single offended female character makes her RAGE).

Inviting her to VG development is comparable to inviting Jack Thompson to GTA V as nor she nor majority of her audience don't play games at all.

Ask your friends to form their own opinions and to do the same.
Actually most of my friends know who she is. What they didn't knew is that EA went mad enough to invite her in to a VG development. The same way my post here is not for people to click randomly, but for ones who knows who she is but who doesn't know that EA invited her in ME2 development.

>> Send an email to EA.

If EA will ignore email with a petition signed by thousands of potential buyers then my email will go to nowhere even faster.

They're not going to take someone's job away just because a bunch of kids on the Internet click a checkbox.

This.

Oh look. Another completely pointless petition... :facepalm:

And as Noid said, checking a box wont do anything. Like they actualy give a crap about a silly petition.

This and also this. :facepalm:

While I agree that Anita has no place in the development of any game, I don't think her involvement in ME2 is something we should be worried about. After all, we are talking about EA, the company that shielded itself behind the LGBT community back when the whole Mass Effect 3 fiasco happened. Chances are they are just using her for advertisement and to brush off any bad criticism the game gets by saying "You don't like our game because you are a misogynist!". I mean, the first ME already featured two major characters that were strong, non-"sexualized" females, and on top of that one of them was asian. I don't think there is much Anita can do to make the franchise more "diverse".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...