Speed Runs Can Suck It

sdreaper

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree the speed runs blow pretty hard man. its ruff to do perfect for like 6 to 10 min straight only to fail at the easy stuff. or be robbed by a stray bullet. im there for you man lol. yeah i love the game but felt the speed runs were a bit much. the video guides on this site are helpful though. check em out. i just quit playing outta frustration, maybe one day i will pick it back up.

I finally finished 6 last night after 35 attempts. Damn wallrun with the snipers usually took me down mid jump and if I managed to complete the jump, then tagged as I went through the door. Otherwise, disarming the swat member once you jump onto the red scaffolding seemed to be difficult despite me doing it perfect during the story missions.

So 2-5, 7-9 to go, then finally the platinum. Definitely not spending the money for the pure time trials.

If I had stuff to make a video, I actually found a faster way in Office then what is posted. I completed it in 18+ seconds. Sheer luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I laughed at your topic/thread title. I can agree w/ you. But it feels good when you get the plat. trust me. There's also a bunch of youtube videos on that to show the shortcuts where to evade enemies and such. Good luck buddy and YOU CAN DO IT!!

Edited by Dreadnought190

if you watch youtube videos, there is a lot of shortcuts where you can save enought seconds. i finished chapter 2 speed run in 11.59.48:D

the best place to save seconds is in the big tunel where you go down for 2 chapter. if you stay at at that fallen piece, then jump off right before the end, it can save you about 20 seconds. its hard to explain.

Edited by esdx

if you watch youtube videos, there is a lot of shortcuts where you can save enought seconds. i finished chapter 2 speed run in 11.59.48:D

the best place to save seconds is in the big tunel where you go down for 2 chapter. if you stay at at that fallen piece, then jump off right before the end, it can save you about 20 seconds. its hard to explain.

I know what you mean, same is at the start. If you can master jumping the fence using the yellow trashcan you save a shitload of time.

Just take a look at the world record times on youtube, you'll find a lot of handy shortcuts.

Anyone who actually likes the speed runs must be a masochist. I only did them because I got the idea stuck in my head that I was going to get to platinum no matter what. I did, but I nearly snapped my controller in half a few times doing it.

Me too man. I WILL NEVER forget this platinum or any other ones in my entire life. Oh the good times I've had, the smooth gameplay, how beautiful Faith is, the amazing visuals, the damn timer in the time trials and speedruns, the high quality music, how I almost gone insane from the speedruns and much more. WOOT!!(P)

I just sent the game back to gamefly missing the chapter 7 and 9 speed run trophies only. I was surprised so many people had a problem with chapter 2. I was able to do that first run without the garbage can and the ending isn't too bad as long as you turn on the 3rd pipe.

I can't do the first fight with the chapter 7 boss quick enough and chapter 9 is pretty hard with the generator room or whatever it is. I use the method of running through and letting them shoot the 4 spots but i always end up 30-45 seconds over the limit.

Either way... there is too many new good games out to sit around trying to figure out those 2 levels.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, title says it all.

Speed runs are keeping me from my plat atm (oh and a couple time trials only because I haven't finished them). Stupid chapter 2, stupid orcs, stupid arrows....

Yeaah you'll get them man (if u havent already), just need alot of patience and practice. I got the platinum today, hardest one ive ever got -.- never got so angry at a game in my life >_<

Yeah I recently came back to this game after beating it earlier this year. I only had the Prologue and Chapter 1 speedruns at the time. I'm working on the time trials first and they are damn hard. Unless you are just a natural at this game, it will take a lot of practice and patience to master the speedruns.

I just got the game and had a quick blast to see what the game was like and it seems quite fun, I have to complete my fallout 3 platinium before i come back to this game but i was just wandering is this as hard as the CODWAW platinium, becuase that was frustrating and hard but i managed to get it in the end.

• 1 month later...
going for 90 stars is way harder than the speedruns actino rise can go f*ck it's self.

LOL don't forget Atrium 1 and Flow :eek:

With regards to Actino Rise, look on YouTube for a 3 star time and try to memorise that run. I didn't actually find this one too hard to 3 star. Sure, it took me around 20 tries, but that was much less than most of the other trials...

Anyone who actually likes the speed runs must be a masochist. I only did them because I got the idea stuck in my head that I was going to get to platinum no matter what. I did, but I nearly snapped my controller in half a few times doing it.

I like them, and time trials, too. They really boost the idea of the game. Sure, sometimes it might get frustrating trying the same part again and again but in the end when you get it, it's fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the exact opposet...Though I haven't done the speedruns yet, they don't look that mind boggling. After playing the official game 2 or three times, I feel aqquanted enough to do this...coupled with a few shortcuts I might see on videos.

It's the Time Trials that can go to hell. Some of the jumps required from you are just mind boggling. Like jumping from a platform and landing on a single exposed pipe? (Playground 3 from the beginning)

Or wall jumping on to the lockers, then to the second landing of steps, then wall jump to the wall, climb up it, and back flip to the next landing? All with litereally standing speed? (Or maybe jogging speed at best.) That's incredably hard.

I've always been a long distance man myself. Give me a speedrun any day. 9-11 minutes to complete something offers a little more room for error. Sprinting something requires precision, and if you fuck up even the tiniest bit (A stumble here, or a slow down in speed there) you are fucked. At least in Speedruns, you can afford a stumble, or even a death, and still make it on time.

I will admit though, once you finally do it right, it is rather pretty. It's a shame there isn't a reply button so you can sit back and watch the fluidity of your success without the stress of concentration on button timing.

Edited by Ixahinon

I'm the exact opposet...Though I haven't done the speedruns yet, they don't look that mind boggling. After playing the official game 2 or three times, I feel aqquanted enough to do this...coupled with a few shortcuts I might see on videos.

It's the Time Trials that can go to hell. Some of the jumps required from you are just mind boggling. Like jumping from a platform and landing on a single exposed pipe? (Playground 3 from the beginning)

Or wall jumping on to the lockers, then to the second landing of steps, then wall jump to the wall, climb up it, and back flip to the next landing? All with litereally standing speed? (Or maybe jogging speed at best.) That's incredably hard.

I've always been a long distance man myself. Give me a speedrun any day. 9-11 minutes to complete something offers a little more room for error. Sprinting something requires precision, and if you fuck up even the tiniest bit (A stumble here, or a slow down in speed there) you are fucked. At least in Speedruns, you can afford a stumble, or even a death, and still make it on time.

I will admit though, once you finally do it right, it is rather pretty. It's a shame there isn't a reply button so you can sit back and watch the fluidity of your success without the stress of concentration on button timing.

Yes, the time trials are infinitely frustrating, but the good thing is that you don't have to 3 star them all to get the 50 stars trophy. So you get some leeway in a different sort of way in that you don't have to be perfect to complete these for the platinum.

I think doing the time trials first is extremely beneficial because the trials are all sections of the regular levels and you can use many of the same routes for your speedruns - it gets you familiar with many sections and makes the speedruns a bit easier in the end. Plus, finishing out the hard stuff first makes the home stretch much easier.

I need to get back into this and finish the last few speedruns I need for platinum. I got distracted by a few games... I hope my skills haven't suffered.