Hardest Chapter Speedrun

zeociko

Which Chapter Speedrun did you have the most trouble on?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chapter Speedrun did you have the most trouble on?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 9 took the longest for me and that was largely due to the strict time limit so you had hardly any room for error. I spent the whole time mastering the level but when I got to the server room I was trying to look for a way out and a easy way to destroy all the servers quickly. You need to aim your shoots with precision to make it through the room and I just ran through the rest as quickly as possible.

This is Chapter 9 by the way:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi8R67pAiQ]Mirror's Edge Chapter 9 - Speedrun 5:35:22 - YouTube[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say Chapter 3 gave me the hardest time. Chapter 2 was long but when you got into the groove it just fell together. I did notice on chapter 2 though that when I was doing really good, weird stuff would happen like the construction plank would rotate but I would rotate with it (and sometimes wouldn't fall with it). Most annoying part of any chapter had to be those ninja b****** in chapter 8. Every time I was about to jump or run across something, one would fly through the air and tackle me causing me to fly off the building.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that I have completed all the speedruns, I can honestly say that Chapter 2 was the hardest for me. This took me about 20 retries before I finished with 18 seconds to spare. Chapter 9 took about 5 retries and I got 50 seconds to spare. Also, Chapter 2 was the longest. Finished them all thanks to prilit or ovendonkey186 on YouTube.

I voted on Chapter 9 because of server room, but hardly all of them need dedication. Every single level except Prologue, and Chapter 1 took me from several to over a dozen starts. It is very frustrating, when all is going great and than suddenly nearly the end of level you die. Or your time is like 6:03:57 when 6:00:00 is needed...

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2 was the toughest for me. Had a run of 11:01 that bout made me rage quit lol. But I think it was 3 runs later I skimmed under the mark in 10:59.36 which isn't a blazing time, but a speed run trophy nonetheless. Chapter 9 never seemed to be much of a challenge even when I cleared the speed run time without ever firing a single shot in the server room and still got a 5:36.

Definitely, but Chapter 9 is still such a bitch! :mad:

I didn't find the server room bad. Run to the left behind 1st set of servers, turn right and springboard up while activating reaction time, disarm machine gunner shoot the rest of the servers. Just takes getting used to and occasionally you will die but it's not bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...