Advice Needed For Time Trials

WarriorAngel706

Hello,

I've been playing the Time Trials for a few days now and have so far managed to earn 3-Star ratings on nine of the original trials (without any of the DLC).

Im quite confident that I can earn at least 2-Star ratings on the remaining ones, thereby unlocking the 50-Star 'Still Counting' Trophy, however, earning 3-Star ratings on certain trials feels literally impossible to me at the moment (Playground Two & Three, Shard One, and particularly Atrium One, to name but a few :mad:), so im wondering whether or not it would even be worth downloading the DLC Pure Time Trials with a view to eventually going for the 'Superstar' trophy, or just settle for Platinum.

I know that the DLC Pure Time Trials are not required for the Platinum, I would just like some input into how the difficulty of them compares to the main game ones, i.e. is it easier to obtain 3-Star ratings on them than the original ones.

On a seperate note, I can't recall ever being so rage-induced by any gaming challenge as much as I have these ones, lol. Each Time Trial related Trophy that has unlocked thus far has felt genuinely hard earned and satisfying.

Thanks. :)

Edited by WarriorAngel706
clarification

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I CANNOT get 3 stars in Shard 2. It looks easy and I have the route down flawless but for some reason I just cant keep enough speed to get 3 stars. Ive looked up every youtube video I could find and do the routes almost exactly, minus the coil jumping the springboard. Any tips for this one?

After this Ill only need 1 more star and I need another easy one I can do. Ive got 3 or 2 stars on every trial so far.

• 4 months later...

Shard 2 is a very tight time trial the difference between a 2 or 3 star run is basically weather or not you are getting speed vaults everytime you jump a railing or whatever. Speed vaults increase your momentum so it makes a pretty big difference in your time, there's several spots on that path where you can do one.

Of course if you are very good at side jump boosting you can also compensate that way and probably get three stars. But I'm not, I did it without side jump boosts.

As for the DLC trials I would have to say they are mostly harder than the non DLC, or at least on par with the harder ones. It will take lots of practice to three star them and the hardest ones like Actino and Actino rise are just brutal.

Edited by lporiginalg

I just got my 90th star for 100% completion, so to further answer the OP

I think it's definitely possible for anyone who is capable of earning the platinum to earn the 100%, you just need to be willing to put in the time to work your way through almost all of the time trials. Luckily you can avoid having to 3 star the 9 that give you the most difficulty.

I'd guess it probably took me around 30 hours to do all the DLC trophies, so if you enjoy the game it's not too bad.

5 of my 9 trials that I didn't get 3 stars on where from the DLC pack so I stand by what I said about them being more challenging, but others may disagree. I didn't do Flow for example, which I don't think is that bad if you can get teh Dicey Launch part down, but I could never do that with any consistency so I gave up on it.