Need help?

Prilt

Hey everybody, I'm Prilt. I go by Ovendonkey186 on Youtube. Some of you might know that I used to make a lot of Mirror's Edge videos on there.

If you don't know, I pretty much beat this game into submission on my channel and got everything out of it that I possibly could.

The game is pretty old by now, and I'm not sure if a lot of people still play it, but I thought I would make this thread to see if any of you trophy hunters need any help in Mirror's Edge. If you have any questions, you should ask them here and I'll see what I can do. I've learned a lot about the game and there's probably not a whole lot of questions I won't be able to answer.

If you're just having trouble on time trials or speedruns, here's a link that could help you:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

A few months ago I went back and commentated tutorials for every time trial and speedrun in the game. The videos get pretty long, but I explain every shortcut in the game that I know, save for any that require the kickglitch. If you don't know what that is, it's really the one exploit in the game I don't support using in a timed course. If you don't like using the side jump boost, which is explained there, nearly all of the shortcuts are doable without it.

I'll apologize in advance that my commentary really sucks sometimes.

If you're like me and don't feel like reading everything I wrote, just ask any questions here or go to that link above if you still need help in Mirror's Edge.

Edited by Prilt

You posted here at the perfect time! I just got the 'To explore strange new worlds' trophy so all I have left is 'Superstar'. Having actual walkthrough videos instead of just watching somebody do a speedrun through will probably be a huge asset. Thanks for making these! I'll definitely be utilizing them as I go to get that 100%.

Prilt, you're the man! I was up to 87 stars and needed some help for those last 3. The videos for Razzmatazz, New Eden, and Atrium Two helped me get that last trophy for the 100%. Thanks for all your hard work on those videos! Here's hoping a Mirror's Edge sequel finds the light of day somewhere down the line. :)

Prilt, you're the man! I was up to 87 stars and needed some help for those last 3. The videos for Razzmatazz, New Eden, and Atrium Two helped me get that last trophy for the 100%. Thanks for all your hard work on those videos! Here's hoping a Mirror's Edge sequel finds the light of day somewhere down the line. :)

Congrats on 100%! I'm glad I was able to help a little bit.

And at E3 one of the EA guys said that Mirror's Edge 2 will be on the Frostbite 2 engine instead of the Unreal one. So I guess that's just the newest confirmation that the game is still being made.

Hi Prilt. Glad to see you here on ps3t!

I got the platinum a couple months ago and your youtube videos were really helpful on the speed runs. You're crazy good at this game. Thanks for posting them. :applause:

Hope to see more videos once the next Mirror's Edge comes out. It's probably still a long way off, but at least it's being talked about now. Can't wait to see how it looks on the Frostbite engine.

Hey Prilt, welcome to the site. I got my platinum for this a long time ago, I tried to do most of it myself without guides but eventually needed one for that nasty chapter 2 speed run and a good few others. I really recommend anyone struggling with this game to check out Prilt's videos, they're just excellent and make the game very easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to edit this post as no one has posted since.

I have been using the videos and they are extremely useful got my 50 stars easily and have began speed runs.

Finished chapter 2 on my second attempt thanks to your guide and I am a fairly average if not worse player. For example i could not do the bin jump at he start and I died at about 3 key moments wasting around a minute in time.

Thanks for these I shall use them for my remaining 7 trials.

Edited by Harryt1pper

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought this game again to go for the platinum (£3.50 used from GAME anyone in UK). I have a question, not a very interesting one though :p

Does pausing the game pause the timer for speed runs and time trials? My friend says no but I can't remember.

Yeah the timer will stop when you pause the game and resume when you unpause it. There are a couple places where it's useful to do that, like in chapter 2 when that big door won't start opening until the game has finished loading the next area.

I have another quite noobish question.

Is there any way to do speed runs disconnected from the online server? So many times I've been have way through a run and been disconnected, kicking me out of the game

From what I recall, I don't think thats possible. The "play offline" option disappears once you've linked an EA account to your profile. :(

Is there any way to do speed runs disconnected from the online server? So many times I've been have way through a run and been disconnected, kicking me out of the game

You should be able to, unless a recent patch has changed that. I finished most of the speed runs during the outage, so I know I wasn't logged in. It just won't post your time to the leaderboards.

When you first start up the game and go to Speed Run or Time Trial it'll start connecting to the EA servers. Press circle to back out of that before it finishes and select the play offline option.

You can do everything offline, but just remember that online and offline time trial stars are counted separately.

Cheers guys I've just worked out how to do it.

ok, ANOTHER noob question. I can't work out how to download ghosts from awesome people. the only ghost I can ever see is my own, failing terribly.

On a side note I've just done the first 2 speed runs withotu any help which has given me a little confidence boost. Hoping the difficulty spike on chapter 2 is exagerated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Not gonna lie I'm not pro at this game. I've got something like 20% trophies. Is it worth me attempting the platinum?

If you are going for the Platinum you'll need a lot of patience to complete the Speedruns. Time Trials could also cause frustration if you are going for 100% completion, but if you're only going for the platinum then Time Trials are not so bad.

If you enjoy the game then you won't mind putting the time into it; just be warned for the speedruns and time trials there will be a lot of trial and error to finally perfect your runs.

I personally love the game and i'm still working through the time trials (thanks Prilt for your tutorials btw). But as Terminator posted above, it all depends on your individual preference.

Not gonna lie I'm not pro at this game. I've got something like 20% trophies. Is it worth me attempting the platinum?

All depends on how much you enjoy the game. This is still probably my favorite game besides the Uncharted Series. I still get on and try to beat my old times here and there.

As far as time and length, it all depends on how patient you are and how good you are with the controls. I got so used to everything and ended up getting the platinum in a little less than 2 weeks. Persistence and finding out where you went wrong is key. Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...