which one harder Speedrun or time trials

RYU81

Speedruns are harder because you have to run a perfect level for longer. Time Trials are hard, but you don't have such a long track to perfect. Speedruns are very frustrating when you do one small mistake near the end and ruin several minutes of perfect running.

Plus some of the shooting parts are very hard too.

I'm working on the Time Trials myself, some are hard, but once you learn the best path it just takes time.

It's the dlc where you need to get 90 stars that's bye far the hardest (and most fun) part.

That is where I am...got 66 stars so far and have only done 1 DLC Map...I got 3 stars in all maps so far barring Shard 1, Atrium 1 and 2 and Playground 3...trying to 3 star them so that all original maps are 3 stars before I move onto DLC...99 star club please!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing the game now and i think speedruns are harder... Got pissed on the last chapter. I couldn't get near the time so i watched a speedrun on youtube and played once... get on time to the final jump.. got killed 2 times and lost the time. A few hours and i got to bed without getting on time.

Did it yesterday finally.

Some of my family came to my room asking if i was OK while i was trying it (epic rage).

• 4 weeks later...

I say time trials but that's only because I got all 69 stars on the original disc. 3 stars on Atrium 1 is just ridiculous. Even after I got it I was unable to do it again. I really wish the DLC weren't $10 so I could actually finish this game. However, the speedruns for the ship (7) and the shard (9) I found difficult. If you can get the trashcan jump on level 2 you should be set for that one.

Edited by Vapor_N4

• 1 month later...
I say time trials but that's only because I got all 69 stars on the original disc. 3 stars on Atrium 1 is just ridiculous. Even after I got it I was unable to do it again. I really wish the DLC weren't $10 so I could actually finish this game. However, the speedruns for the ship (7) and the shard (9) I found difficult. If you can get the trashcan jump on level 2 you should be set for that one.

You dont have to do the trashcan jump, you can do the wallrun-jump over the fence, just like in Ropeburn map...:)

I'm doing speed-runs right now and I just finished chapter 6. So far they are much easier; much, much more room for error and it focuses more on knowing the path and just going fast rather than nailing an extremely hard path with complex jumps and moves and memorizing the entire level.

You dont have to do the trashcan jump, you can do the wallrun-jump over the fence, just like in Ropeburn map...:)

I didn't even bother with the trashcan or the wallrun, I did the normal slow path and finished with 45 seconds to spare even with 1 or 2 deaths and many mistakes.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I've got the platinum on this game and am currently at 81 stars with only the 90 star trophy to go and have had more trouble with the time trails, the chapter 2 speed run gave me some difficulties and 9 took about 6 tries till I found a perfect method for the server room in 20 seconds although Id say time trails are worse because the amount of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...