Collector's Edition

OceanH

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news-images/content/www-mirrorsedge/en_US/news-articles/mirror_s-edge-catalyst-collectors-edition/_jcr_content/featuredImage.img.jpg

The edition includes:

• Adult Faith/Young Faith diorama
  • Exclusive Steel book
  • Exclusive lithograph
  • Set of 10 concept pieces
  • Temporary logo tattoo
  • Temporary Faith arm tattoo
  • Storage box

Available in limited quantity for SRP $199.99 worldwide in select retailers, the Mirror’s Edge Collector’s Edition is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC.

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/mirrors-edge-catalyst-collectors-edition

From GameStop's official YouTube channel:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UExRs-wW6os[/ame]

Edited by OceanH

..."available worldwide"...

That is not true, collector's edition NEVER find their way here in Brazil. Some retailers here must import them from US (most likely), so they are even more expensive.

Still, that Faith statue is magnificent. What a beautiful set of colours, and the adult/young diorama..

Oh my, that steelbook. Please know that Mirror's edge steelbook for first game only came in Spain. It's the most expensive steelbook in the world. I've seen it go several times over $500 U.S. Right now the is one for $700 on eBay. So tempting to get this, and I never even played first game!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah screw the collector's edition, that's way too expensive. The steelbook is pretty sweet but nothing else interests me.

Instead I pre-ordered two books that are coming out...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mirrors-Edge-Exordium-DICE/dp/1616559039]Mirror's Edge: Exordium: DICE: 9781616559038: Amazon.com: Books[/ame] - Graphic novel of events leading up to Catalyst. It's already out on Kindle but I want a physical version.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Mirrors-Edge-Catalyst/dp/161655911X]Amazon.com: The Art of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (9781616559113): DICE: Books[/ame] - I love the minimalistic art style of the game so this will be a nice coffee table type of book.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this CE when it came out and for the first time in a long time I felt very disappointed. I have probably over 20 CE for different games and the one that I thought was gonna be the best in my whole collection was not. I think maybe if they would have made it smaller then maybe I would of liked it but it's too big and the detail of the whole statue is horrible . I wish I saw this video before I purchased it but I know I won't do this again next time but I am happy I purchased the game. I enjoyed every minute of it. I sure hope people continue to buy it, I would like a sequel.

I got this CE when it came out and for the first time in a long time I felt very disappointed. I have probably over 20 CE for different games and the one that I thought was gonna be the best in my whole collection was not. I think maybe if they would have made it smaller then maybe I would of liked it but it's too big and the detail of the whole statue is horrible . I wish I saw this video before I purchased it but I know I won't do this again next time but I am happy I purchased the game. I enjoyed every minute of it. I sure hope people continue to buy it, I would like a sequel.

I actually really like the statue, the faces are a bit off but sitting on a shelf it looks amazing. It only cost me £80 though so it might make me a bit more lenient on it! The weight and size of it makes it a really nice display peice. Although they could have packaged the steelbook better, mine had a few scratches and so did the replacement.

http://i.imgur.com/LzB8bfT.jpg

Nah sold the game for £32 and had some reward points I used. I'm calling it being under £100 in the next month though!

Ah, makes sense!

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on it staying at a high price. It dropped to £120 after about only 8 or 9 days.

That was my price point though, I could justify £120 to myself but £150 was too big of a risk after seeing so many with weird faces. (Thankfully mine ended up not being the worst.) I'm absolutely loving the game though so far though so it's definitely been worth it.

It's funny though, three people have seen my statue and every single one has asked what the hell is in it after they feel the weight.

Ah, makes sense!

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on it staying at a high price. It dropped to £120 after about only 8 or 9 days.

That was my price point though, I could justify £120 to myself but £150 was too big of a risk after seeing so many with weird faces. (Thankfully mine ended up not being the worst.) I'm absolutely loving the game though so far though so it's definitely been worth it.

It's funny though, three people have seen my statue and every single one has asked what the hell is in it after they feel the weight.

Yeah the base is ridiculously heavy! It would be interesting to open it up and see what's being used as a weight, I'm betting on a couple of bricks haha

Just realized I never posted in this thread :o

I bought the CE and I love it! The steelbook looks awesome and the statue is really nice too! Although it is a little weird at how heavy the base is, and plus they say not to lift it by the glass or characters, yet they package it in a way that you kinda have to :p

I'm happy with the purchase though, I spend more on my Call of Duty CEs that I barely even use lol.

• 1 year later...