Smooth Sailing issues

gcrock

Hi I would be greatfull for any help on this, I have jut spent an hour or more trying to get this and I am now certain I am not hitting any rocks yet the trophy will not pop.

Has this glitched on anyone at all?? I have even tried using the slow spell and still nothing. Its driving me crazy lol

[EDIT] Got it, if anybody has the same issues just quit game and start again. I got it while going for the trophy where you cant be seen. Thank goodness for that!

Edited by gcrock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^

not true, i think it is glitched like the threadstarter said, i've done this shit about 20 times already, taking no damage probably about 15 times. A couple times i didn't hit anything AT ALL and no trophy, now i'm gonna try quitting and redoing it like dude suggested. I also did it in one go each and every time. Anyways, i'll try it out and see if quitting and restarting works...

Ok, so i'm here to confirm that this shit is glitched! But i did do what Gcrock did and i quit out and restarted while going for the silent assassin, only problem is, i ended up taking damage during the rafting part lol, so i ran through it quickly to get to the checkpoint before doing the water rafting and took no damage and the trophy popped up. Thanks for the tip cuz this trophy was pissing me off cuz i knew i was doing it right. Anyways, hopefully people will read this thread when facing this problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I just unlocked the trophy, in another site it says: If you hold back on the left stick (LS), it will act like a brake and makes avoiding rocks much easier.

Also, if you succeeded the first part you can still get the trophy if you resume from the middle checkpoint.

Edited by Gabranth

• 2 months later...
Whoever said you can save in the checkpoint between the 2 rafting parts is WRONG!!!!!

As soon as I did NOT save but did both rafting bits without coming out of the water I got he trophy...

U can save at the save point between the two rafting parts. I did it and got the trophy.

Just sail VERY VERY slow through the rocks and it's so easy. :p

• 2 months later...

I can also confirm that you can save at the check point mid-way.

I could do the first part no problem, but kept crashing on the 2nd. I decided to save at the check point so I could practice the 2nd part, and the first time I managed to do it, the trophy popped.

• 2 months later...

One person says this and another says that :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I dont know who to trust so i will just be safe and do it in one go

EDIT: Wow i got it my 1st try! Didn't use a checkpoint but i can confirm i skimmed a few rocks but it still popped, not complaining tho :D

Edited by Shadowrider50

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I had tried this a couple of times and had no trophy. I then tried the ‘don’t stop’ option and it worked first time. I even went completely over a rock with no damage. So my advice would be to just keep going and don't stop at the smooth water section.

Now just need to work out how to kill as a snowball and then grind the stealth kills!

Edited by larterman

• 4 months later...

I have done it without a scratch with and without saving so I think everyone is right and everyone is wrong. The trophy is obviously glitched and those with it just happened to meet the requirements necessary for the glitch.:(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK here's what I did. I used Hiro. During the first part I touched a stone on the first two tries, did little damage. Reloaded. Third time's a charm. No damage, no hitting. Got off the boat at the checkpoint, but visited the shrine first. Activated checkpoint. Got to the second part of the river rafting. First time crashed into a wall, damage, reload from checkpoint in-between. Second time no damage, no hitting. Soon as I landed safely in the lake, trophy popped.