please help

battlefield

i've just got this game and i'm on the level where it has flooded and that duck guy ask you to catch the fish. I can't do it what i do is set my rod out the fish bites then it drags me all over goes outside the area and resets. So can anyone tell me how to reil him in and catch it.

Thanks in advance

You don't have to catch it - all you need to do is let it drag you to the other side of the wall. Once that happened continue forward but don't forget the collectibles.

ok i did it. But i think you do have to catch it to do the challenges by the duck as he a 5 challenges and then that trophie. i think you have to catch it for his challenge and not part of the level.

I think the 'duck guy' actually tells you to go and see his Uncle at the temple then return back; that's his quest. The fishing rod/koi dragging you into the other area is necessary for the story. (Not 100% sure)

You are right. Getting to the shrine is the quest you have to complete for the "Tengu Friend"-trophy. Being dragged to the other side of the pond is only to proceed further in the campaign.