Tengu Friend

Kiwicrash

• 1 month later...

Play thu on easy, do not replay any levels containing Wandering Tengu quests. The four levels are:

1) Leaving Home - Tengu in the village: Destroy all samurai on other side of the bridge. Just kill all the samurai (13) across the bridge and that's it.

2) Leaving Home - Tengu near the Temple: He wants a Burdock Flower. The Burdock Flower is right up the stairs near the temple, behind a few statues.

3) Haunted Forest - Tengu in the woods to the left of the main path from start: He wants a Spear of Ashida. You should have 1 to spare so just hand it over to him.

4) Flooded Valley - Tengu near the start of the level: He just wants you to go to the temple and check on the Tengu there. Once you return, he gives you the sturdy rod, which will get the Koi to drag you into the next area. Do not paddle back into the first area once the Koi escapes!

5) Winter Range - Tengu by the split in the path near the start: He just wants a Tiger Lilly. Just hand one over and you're done. The achievement unlocks right after doing this.

I have just done this, it took an hour but then I got my Platinum!

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a quick warning to anyone reading this thread, this trophy is glitched and if you do not complete the Tengu Quest the first time you play the level the trophy will glitch and you can not come back and do the Tengu quest later. You (like myself) will have to replay the game.

• 4 weeks later...
Play thu on easy, do not replay any levels containing Wandering Tengu quests. The four levels are:

14) Flooded Valley - Tengu near the start of the level: He just wants you to go to the temple and check on the Tengu there. Once you return, he gives you the sturdy rod, which will get the Koi to drag you into the next area. Do not paddle back into the first area once the Koi escapes!

!

i visited the temple, went back to tengu and got the rod. Now just catch the fish and go to the next area? thats all?

i finished all the other tengu missions in my first play through and the trophy didnt pop damnit

gone through all the levels on mission select and I still cant get the trophy - is it because if i replay Flooded Valley, i already have the fishing rod and cant get it ever again???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The tengu who wants you to go and check the temple, after I go there, he just asks me if I found it. I talked to the other tengu (the merchant) at the top next to the temple. Is it bugged? Or am I just not gettting it...

is that the "Distress Signal" level? if so, that's not bugged, because it isn't a quest ;)

there's only 5 Tengus with valid quests, read what Techtile posted above for details. they reside in 4 levels.

• 3 months later...

For anyone who is still worried about this trophy I am another person who can confirm chapter select works. I have however found a bit more information on it. On the 'Leaving Home' level there are two as you know. If you miss one of these like I did then I assume none of them count. The reason being I knew I missed the very 1st one and I am certain I did the second one yet the trophy poped on chapter select after I did both. Someone has already said this is how he got it to. I think that some people may be miising one of these and then another one on another level and what they are doing is only doing the one they missed on the 'Leaving Home' and then doing the othere ones thay may have missed. In this case the trophy will not pop and people feel its glitched. Just make sure you do bot on 'Leaving Home' and what others you may have missed and the trophy will pop.

I can not explain how on someones game one had dissappeared meaning he would need to replay the game. I guess this is a freak glitch!

• 3 weeks later...
I played through this on hard and did not get it,

I did the chapter select and did all 5 again making sure I did them all. - Nothing!

Started a new game after deleting the game save data - Nothing!

WTF stuck on 97% :mad: :confused: :mad:

Damn that sucks, i also didn't get this or the futo one, i'm gonna do chapter select for both and see if it works, i really dont want to play this entire shit again!!

Edit: Ok so the tengu friend and futo trophies never popped up, so i went ahead and started on the very first stage to get the futo trophy, by the 2nd stage, i had done both tengu friend quest and the trophy popped up! I also went to the snowy stage where your being chased by an avalanche and used futo, after killing a couple enemies, the trophy also popped up for that one! So idk why people have been saying it doesn't work for them(if true, then that really sux!!) but i can confirm that chapter select does work for both trophies since i witnessed it first hand this morning. Now all i got to do is beat the final boss and i got the plat, peace.

Edited by TheTruest

Damn that sucks, i also didn't get this or the futo one, i'm gonna do chapter select for both and see if it works, i really dont want to play this entire shit again!!

Edit: Ok so the tengu friend and futo trophies never popped up, so i went ahead and started on the very first stage to get the futo trophy, by the 2nd stage, i had done both tengu friend quest and the trophy popped up! I also went to the snowy stage where your being chased by an avalanche and used futo, after killing a couple enemies, the trophy also popped up for that one! So idk why people have been saying it doesn't work for them(if true, then that really sux!!) but i can confirm that chapter select does work for both trophies since i witnessed it first hand this morning. Now all i got to do is beat the final boss and i got the plat, peace.

I think it's just hard to remember which one's they have already done.

I had to go through just about every level with Futo, it ended up being one of the snow levels.

Or they might not have killed an enemy.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this is glitched for me as well. I'll have to replay the whole game from the start to see if that resolves it. What a shame as it's the last trophy I need :(

EDIT:I had to delete my save game file and replayed the game on easy and completed each "job" in one sitting. Only took me about 1hr 30 mins :D

Now I have the plat.

Edited by j8mie