Minecraft DLC

mbh911

I figured I would create a separate thread for this since I suspect there will be more future DLC packs coming to Minecraft.

Anyways, here is the first DLC released for Minecraft / PS3 today!

Minecraft Festive Skin Pack

Description: Here's a fab mini pack of 24 skins to customize your Minecraft character with, and get you in the mood for the holidays.

Price: $0.99 cents

video of Festive Skin Pack in case PS3 Minecrafters here are curious about buying it or not, etc.

(You may want to mute this video since someone is rambling throughout the entire video)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3beA_2d0DCk]Minecraft PS3 Festive Skin Pack Showcase - YouTube[/ame]

And the last thing I wanted to mention is this small Q/A thing over at playstation blog:

Q: Will there be PlayStation-specific content?

A: PlayStation-specific skins and texture packs would be cool! Fingers crossed, eh?

I would love to see if the Minecraft team can get the Little Big Planet universe/game/etc involved with Minecraft! Seriously, does anyone else think that would be cool if Little Big Planet content appears in PS3 Minecraft??? I assume maybe it would only just be Little Big Planet character skins/costumes but maybe there will be more than just that :)

Edited by mbh911

I could care less about DLC when it's just "skins"...I don't spend hours looking at myself in Minecraft.

LOL

Hopefully the PS versions will have user created content at some point, I'm 99% certain it's only MS's closed network policy that prevented that side of minecraft from coming to Xbox.

Hopefully the PS versions will have user created content at some point, I'm 99% certain it's only MS's closed network policy that prevented that side of minecraft from coming to Xbox.

That would be great, what kind of user created content? Skins and textures?

I would like to see texture packs like the xbox version, it was always neat experimenting.

That would be great, what kind of user created content? Skins and textures?

I would like to see texture packs like the xbox version, it was always neat experimenting.

Yes skins and textures, maybe a skin creator or the ability to import skins from the internet, similar to importing skins on UT3. As for textures Id love to see what HD textures the PS3 (and PS4) could handle.

Being able to edit particles such as snow and rain would be nice but that's also a stretch, maybe next gen console can handle that editing. I don't believe we'll come close to the abilities pc gamers have with customization...for the most part it's easier with all the game files right there in folders for them lol

Personally I'm just waiting patiently for consoles to catch up to pc, tu15 hopefully will add horses and anvils. It would be nice to repair my diamond tools

I could care less about DLC when it's just "skins"...I don't spend hours looking at myself in Minecraft.

Haha! So true! At least it is priced reasonably, though you could do this for free on the PC version. I think I will just stick to the PC version, no need in having 3 of the same game.