Worth $30?

mattybell2117

I saw this dropped in price to $30 and I was thinking about getting it but the guy at the store actually talked me out of it. He said it was just awful and reviews weren't great but people who have played it have said that it's good, some say it's bad. The concept seems cool so is it worth $30?

I advise you to try to buy... The game isn't SO bad. Maybe, before you could try Mindjack by the help of one your friend. :)

I say yes. The best way to describe it would be character movement is much like resident evil while shooting mechanics resemble Kane & Lynch. The ability to mind hack an enemy or bot then take control is pretty cool. Supports up to 6 people, people can jump in and out of your campaign and choose to be on your side for co-op or against you. I picked this up last week and have enjoyed it. I will say it would be better if there were more people online. Although, I will admit I am sick of people bashing a game they've not played. Lost Planet 2 got allot of negativity due to bad reviews and I loved that game. I mean renting and giving an opinion is one thing but seeing bad reviews and telling others it's horrible based on hear say is absurd to me but what ever.

• 4 weeks later...

Do not, I repeat, do not pay money for this game. This review will explain everything. When even GameTrailers gives it a 4.6/10, I'm sorry but that has to be a sign to stay away. Looking at gameplay, the settings look incredibly grey and generic, and the characters look bland and underdeveloped.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : MindJack

Edited by Cornagandarub

Do not, I repeat, do not pay money for this game. This review will explain everything. When even GameTrailers gives it a 4.6/10, I'm sorry but that has to be a sign to stay away. Looking at gameplay, the settings look incredibly grey and generic, and the characters look bland and underdeveloped.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : MindJack

I never listen to what others think of things because there are alot of popular things I just hate, but I watched that a few days ago after ordering the game and with how much he hated it made me feel abit nervous that I ordered it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got this for £1.98 and considering it was that cheap and has been slated I'm really enjoying it. And once comPleted can trade in for double the price! Doubt be able to get the plat as doubt more then 100 people are playing it!!!

For the STAR trophy, they don't need to be different people. It can be the same person hacking your game. I recommend going through level select and pick construction site. Wait for the person to hack your game (using custom hack) and then you let the hacker win. you will be taken back to the stage select menu thingie again, here the hacker should leave you and after that the hacker should rehack before starting a new match. The more hackers, the faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, and I never said my opinion about the game... it's bad, very bad, so bad it's funny in a way. The entire game feels like a big parody. I almost got the feeling it was intended as such from the ending video clip too! xD

I never found the game any frustrating at all, so for me it's just a crap, easy and somewhat hilarious game if you got someone to joke and play with online. I never really got bored.

It got co-op, which is why I don't understand why there is no local co-op... by the rate of people playing it online, I wonder how long the servers will be up, so it's kinda sad seeing there is no local play! There is not even any online "death match" stuff or levels made only for online gaming... it's just campaign with hackers! o.O

If you find it funny to make fun of a bad game, then it's probably right up your alley.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought it for less than $20 and it's not worth a penny. This game is in the same vein as those cheap, frustrating crappy games with lots of cheap deaths, really bad AIs, and sequences that doesn't work well at all (i.e. hold a button to do a melee combo but the enemy has time to kill you).

And wow, you don't keep your weapons when you go to the next level and if you die you have to restart from the beginning of a level: there's no checkpoints. Who the hell designed this game?

Edited by OceanH

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...