Rate the trophy difficulty...  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.02

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

The game is time consuming if you don't have a friend or two to play with, but the concept is great that you can lose time while going for the hacker trophies online and still have fun.

Most of the trophies are straight and narrow, not much effort is needed to get all of the trophies. Find a good spot to get one kill and not dying after each kill can be a little annoying but easy enough.

All the trophies except the online trophies can be boosted online making this game even easier if you have a boosting partner. While I only boosted 2 trophies, my vote is a 2, since the one scene difficulty trophies is easy once you learn the board.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

2? Come on now, it's a little higher than that.

I'm almost there but I would say realistically 4 to 6 out of 10 range, this Plat will get harder and harder to get as time goes on due to less people playing for all the online ones.

All of the host/hack play online trophies take reasonable time and you can't just sit there, you have to win. Other things are time consuming and besides the online not too many skill-based but it is not a walk in the park like something I'd give a 2-3/10 to.

Edited by zeociko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With a great boosting partner, this game is indeed about a 3. Without a great partner (or any partner at all), this would be more like a 5-6 and could go up significantly in the next couple of months (due to the lack of online play). In addition, if you play solo, you'll get attacked by a lot of people trying to rack up Red Hacker wins/kills/XP, so the difficulty can spike there as well.

That said, I gave this game a 4. It was more like a 3 for me, due to an awesome partner (THES79), but I have to take into account playing this by yourself and the coming months where there might not be enough people to get some of these trophies fairly easily. If you're looking to get this game, I highly recommend getting it now, before the online vanishes. Overall, it's a fairly fun game to Plat and isn't too much of a grind if you know what you are doing.

• 1 month later...

rated a 5, wish i had a boosting partner.

got lucky and Star, Red Devil and Gun Guru / Plat all kicked in within my last hour of play. woot. i thought i was going to have trouble with star, but got lucky.

Red Devil is a pain cuz everytime you win the host needs to reload and may just kick ya.

Gunwheel Guru is so hard. everyone said boost 2-2, but i couldnt do it so i went to 9-1 i think, steel giant i think, and would mindhack grrl civi at beginning of level and just hack 2 gunwheels in front and hope to get lucky and kill 2 of 3 soldiers. then die/save/redo.

repititious but only way i could do it. peace all!

• 3 weeks later...

its been some time since the game has been released.

i voted a 5. the majority of the trophies are easy to get, but the online portion is a bit of a mixed bag.

some nights, i have seen as many as up to 5, maybe 7 games going. but never more than 10. other nights that i played, no one else was hosting.

and, in most games that i played, they are almost always solo. i really had to search or wait to find games where there were red hackers, so that i could get kills as a blue hacker.

i will say, i ended up getting the Star trophy a lot sooner than i expected. i actually only ran into a couple of people from here who wanted to boost. i had to be progressive, as another user suggested, and i actually messaged some of the random people online that were playing, to ask them for help. and a few of them actually replied and we were able to help each other.

but if you're not willing to do that, i think it will be a lot harder and/or at least a lot more time consuming to get those trophies, as it really is dependent upon being able to find other players, so you can get those kills/wins as red/blue hacker, and to get those hacks as host for the Star trophy.

it took me a good amount of time, playing pretty much 5 nights in a row. i would estimate it took me about between 20-25 hours of gameplay time. a lot of that was just fucking around looking for hosts or waiting for ppl to hack into my game.

the single player trophies were all relatively easy tho. the kill count ones were a bit of a pain in the ass. as Velo214 mentioned, i also struggled with trying to get the Gun Wheel Guru trophy at scene 2-02. however, after struggling with the controls, i managed to figure things out and came up with a strategy that worked for me.

i would hack the gun wheel, then immediately run and hide behind the panels near the doorway, where Jim and Rebecca usually hang out. then, i would peek out slowly, backing up all the way against the wall, usually on the right side. this should give you a clear view of the enemies that had in the middle section, near the two signs (in that sort of circular area), as well as the couple of enemies that come from the left side. you can do damage, while hopefully not getting damaged as much from them. you just have to be really patient and keep burst shooting whenever they peek out from cover. once you've got all of those, you can move the gun wheel out a bit, and there is usually one last guy on the right side, hiding behind one of those posts. if you position it correctly, theres a spot where he is exposed slightly, even while hiding behind cover. just pick him off and you should rack up about 5 or so kills. it took me a while to get used to the stupid controls. turning the gun wheel is a bitch, but you just have to turn very slightly and you should be ok.

the game overall is neat in concept, but i would agree as most, the execution is fairly poor. the story and dialogue/voice acting is pretty laughably awful. but i thought it was a neat idea, because there doesnt seem to be a lot of great co-op games out there that go through a whole story. most of multiplayer tends to focus on competitive modes, which are often all variations of deathmatch or CTF. which is great and all, but it's nice to see games at least attempt to do something different. this was an interesting mix of sort of combining co-op and deathmatch into the single player story.

Ste

• 2 months later...

Only have I Know Kung Fu trophy left for platinum, and it is definitely a LOT easier with a boosting partner (or 2). The hardest part was probably finding a boosting partner, as this is not a very active game. At best I found maybe 5-6 games running, which included about 3 new starters (Lv.1)

As many have stated earlier, its a lot easier to platinum with a boosting partner. Thus far its taken me about 17 hours to get to this stage, a lot quicker than I had expected without a partner. Taking this into consideration, the game is a 5 for me.

I found this game rather easy, especially because of dumb AI, but it also had it's first time around tricky moments, especially since I did it all alone the first time. There are a lot of online trophies, and I had to find people to boost with, I actually ended up finding 4 people. Two of them was barely able to speak and understand English, but they ended up actually helping me with the last part of the STAR trophy, which I believe is the trophy that the most people will find the hardest to get. Without someone to boost with, it would probably take weeks to get it, with a boosting partner, maybe a 2-3 hours, and this time would increase by the number of boosting partners (up to 5)! So yeah, with a boosting partner or two, none of the trophies take a long time to get, or is any hard at all.

I personally found this on my difficulty scale to be a 3, but again, this is with a boosting partner. :)

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

I found the game to be mildly interesting gameplay wise. Trophies were not tough at all, but you do have to have a partner in hand for Mind-Jacker and Star, or you're in for a long grind. A #5 it is, mainly because of the online grind and huge dependency on other people to be online at the same time, otherwise it would've been a 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 3. Overall the game is easy to plat, but it really helps if you have a dedicated boosting partner. No collectibles in the game which I like lol :D I boosted with random, just messaging them if they would like to host while the other booster gets kills. It took less than two hours to get 50 red team (versus) kills. Use the kick function if people keep trying to kill you while you finish the story mode.

If you don't boost the hours and difficulty rating go up significantly. Overall I enjoyed this short game.

• 3 months later...

I gave it a 5/10.

That's pretty generous, too. Campaign may be tricky at some places, and the difficulty trophies are the same, too. Other than that it's just time consuming. 3 are needed to boost kills online, and the online is pretty simple. The kill "x" enemies w/ a hacked "y" are cumulative, and serve no problem at all (except gun wheel with tricky controls). A descent game to platinum on your list if you don't mind boosting a bit.

• 3 months later...

Gave it a 2.

Most of the people playing right now are those who have acquired it for a cheap price ($5), so the online community is thriving right now. I was able to get most of my trophies without boosting. The only trophy that I got boosted was the Red Devil trophy since it felt like I was ruining someone else's game by stalling them continuously. Though, it was easy to get Gatekeeper since I just kept killing the host and the AI kept healing him, and I just kept at it and he didn't seem to mind.. until he kicked me :).

Having a couple of friends who own the game also makes this an easy Platinum. I have helped boost three others to get their platinum trophies :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

3/10

Pretty easy platinum.

Some trophies were a little bit of a grind like Gun Wheel Guru and Star but everything is relatively easy with a boosting partner otherwise going solo trying to find a match or waiting to get hacked by another player is very difficult as not many people play this game.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Difficulty 3/10

Estimated time 15h

Tipps for future players:

First and second playthrough (coop):

- Go for 100 Civilians mindjacked

- Go for 255 Mind-slaves (square on enemies on the ground)

- Go for 100 melee kills (press Circle 3 times right before an enemy)

- Go for 50 melee finishers (enemies on the ground)

This is so you dont have to farm.

You can get in 12h if you follow that advice. In coop it's easy 3/10. Solo probably a 5.