WARNING - Trophy List Autosyncs + Unplattable on Asian PS3s

yewjhin

Myself (yewjhin86) and a friend (Frogcat_9080) have confirmed that the trophy list auto-synchronizes itself to PSN upon loading the game, even though both of us did not choose to do so.

More importantly, I have a EU copy and an Asian copy of the game. On both copies, I was unable to join games in the Hack Portal (a.k.a Online Multiplayer menu), which makes this another Unplattable title on my profile. The error message given was "Online Services is disabled on your Playstation Network due to Parental Control Settings", and what puzzles both me and my friend is that both of us have Parental Control settings OFF. I have tried consulting the manuals, the game support site and played around with the settings on and off, changing regions and whatnot, and nothing works. There are 15 Online Trophies associated with the game, so it is un-plattable for us.

Someone made a similar thread about this supposedly "Parental Restriction" problem here, but obviously because the majority of forum users are from US/EU and have US/EU sets of the PS3, you guys are lucky not to face any problems: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mindjack/89302-cant-connect-server.html

Gonna buy a US Playstation3 and see if it works. Always wanted one anyway because stupid western developers keep forgetting that Asia has O and X reversed and we always have to wait for a patch. How come Asian developers don't forget that the West has reversed buttons?

Edited by yewjhin

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
I imported a 160GB PS3 from US and ran the game, no problems accessing Multiplayer so yes I've confirmed the problem lies with the Asian PS3's in built settings

I've found a fix for this issue. I set my parental controls level to 1 on my ps3, then inputted my passcode upon starting the game and multiplayer started working.

It also appears to affect Australian/New Zealand consoles rather than just Asian ones, bar Japan.