possible tip for getting Star trophy

whenthetidalhits

i already posted this in the trophy boosting thread, but i thought it might be worth sharing in its own thread, in case it ever gets lost, as more and more people post in the boosting thread.

here is a "pro" tip for boosting the star trophy. if you are done for the night playing the game, start your game up as host. now, leave your ps3 on overnight or running while you go do different stuff. since your game is running, it is open to people hacking. random ppl can hack into the game, and it will count towards your star trophy. even if they discover that you are basically AFK, they could theoretically hack in as a red hacker and try to get wins (or even as a blue hacker), assuming that you are at a scene where a fight starts right away. even if nothing is happening, at least you could rack up a few hacks into your game from random ppl trying to join, with little to no effort on your part. :p

better yet, if a red hacker manages to "win" while you are AFK, the game will "end" but the default option is for the game to start again, after all the timers countdown. now, i'm not sure about it, but i think the game will even treat that as another person hacking in, if they stayed.

i think this would be best done if you play the game and finish it. after that, you can load up your last save, which will be at like the final boss stage. since you are already in a fight, you can leave the game running overnight or while you go do something else. other ppl can still hack into your game, and try to get wins either way. i guess the only problem /could/ be if multiple blue hackers join and actually beat the game. i'm not sure what would happen after the credits roll. lol. but if a red hacker(s) win, they get the win, the game will restart, and you should get the credit for people hacking into your game.

it may not be guaranteed to work like all the time. it doesnt have to be at the end of the story. you could just leave it on where ever you are in the single player campaign. but at least leaving it on, you can get randoms joining now and then.

it wouldnt work with scene selection, because you would actually have to be there to restart it, if the game "ends"

anyway, i hope this helps somewhat. i dont know if this is like an already "known" thing, as i did see like one or two ppl just idling in the games they were hosting. but in a couple of those cases, they were like level 1 or really low levels. so dunno. the trophy guide here didnt really say anything about that, and i didnt actually read thru all the replies, so apologies if someone else had already mentioned this.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for posting. Will consider doing so, if needed when I get around to this trophy! Looks like the most annoying trophy on the list thus far.

yeah buddy, it seems so, but we could try to just enter each others game repeatedly... I guess it will take a long while! lol

I tried just having it on for some hours on some random level, I got no idea if anyone ever joined... actually, I could perhaps check that in the person met log! =D talk to you tomorrow, even though I will be a bit more busy then!

yeah buddy, it seems so, but we could try to just enter each others game repeatedly... I guess it will take a long while! lol

I tried just having it on for some hours on some random level, I got no idea if anyone ever joined... actually, I could perhaps check that in the person met log! =D talk to you tomorrow, even though I will be a bit more busy then!

Yep, we'll give it a try. I dont know if that counts as hacking in but if it did, it would make it considerably quicker :D