questions about online hacker related trophies

whenthetidalhits

wasnt sure if it is better to ask questions in the main trophy thread, but since this game is pretty old and that thread hasnt been updated in two months, i figured it might get better visibility here in a separate thread.

1) about the star trophy, how does it count this? if someone hacks into your game, does that count as one hack? if you kick them and they join in again, does that count as another hack? if so, can you boost this just by starting a session, having someone join, then you kick them, and they join again?

or do you actually have to complete like a section (where you get the score for who wins/loses) in order for it to count?

anybody have an idea how this might work?

2) for the blue blood trophy, if you're playing along, does it count as a win, even if there are no red hackers?

3) for the combat/kill count related trophies, does it count if you get kills, whether you are a red hacker or blue hacker? or does it only count if you're a blue hacker?

if it does count for red hackers, does it count as a kill when the hero goes down, but can still be healed? or does it only count if they "lose" the section?

• 2 weeks later...

since i finished the game and no one else answered, i'll answer these myself, in case anyone else was wondering

1) about the star trophy, how does it count this? if someone hacks into your game, does that count as one hack? if you kick them and they join in again, does that count as another hack? if so, can you boost this just by starting a session, having someone join, then you kick them, and they join again?

or do you actually have to complete like a section (where you get the score for who wins/loses) in order for it to count?

anybody have an idea how this might work?

unfortunately, it is still not completely clear what counts and what doesnt. but i believe that each hack in counts. i believe that, if you kick someone, and they join again, it will count again. i believe that, any time you are back at a menu, say for example, if you are doing scene selection, you finish a scene, and then you choose another scene, or play the same scene again, any hackers that are with you will count as well. if a hacker joins, and then leaves, and then joins again, each time they joined counts (so in that case, it would be two).

it does not look like it is necessary to complete sections/levels with hackers. it just seems to count whenever a hacker joins.

i got the trophy sooner than i expected, so this is why i think it must count more often than not.

as for whether it counts multiple times, as you are playing the story mode (as host portal), if a hacker joins and then stays for several scenes/stages. i do not know if that counts multiple times or just once. it most likely counts if they leave and come back.

2) for the blue blood trophy, if you're playing along, does it count as a win, even if there are no red hackers?

it definitely counts as a win for blue hackers, even if there are no red hackers.

3) for the combat/kill count related trophies, does it count if you get kills, whether you are a red hacker or blue hacker? or does it only count if you're a blue hacker?

if it does count for red hackers, does it count as a kill when the hero goes down, but can still be healed? or does it only count if they "lose" the section?

from what i've read, it supposedly counts for hackers. however, i got the majority of my kills doing it all solo, as host. so i cannot confirm this myself. the gun wheel guru trophy was probably the worst one, but i pretty much got that, the stripper, and murderous machine one after the other, all playing as host, and pretty much solo. really painfully annoying. :p

i would recommend just doing those solo anyways. you can pretty much get all 3 on scene 2-02. that's what worked for me.

its best to do solo, with no hackers. so blue hackers dont steal kills and red hackers dont hinder your progress.

well, i hope someone finds this useful.

Ste

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...