Did anyone even buy this?

brian1971

Apparently not...

I got the game for about $15 and the first game I played was Joust. My score was about 117500. I go to the scoreboard and I'm 2nd all time! I thought people who want easy Platinums would be running out and playing this game to acquire it. Seems like only 547 people have done so.

It's only good for an easy Platinum, though. Who hasn't already bought a compilation for their console in the past?

These games cost nothing for these companies to make. I would guess that if they sell 5,000 copies, they'll make a profit.

They can re-release them for $20 over and over - I'll buy them every time. That's nothing. I am disappointed that there are no extras, however. No instruction books. No art or trivia facts. It's just as bare as...the Midway collection for the PS2.

All they would do when it comes to video is re-air the grainy footage that appeared in the PSOne compilations. I'm sure a nice brand new one-hour documentary about the history of the Bally-Midway, Williams and Atari Games arcade divisions wouldn't have taxed Warner Brothers.

EDIT: I'm now No. 1 in Joust on the PS3 version. First time I'm on top of a leaderboard.

Edited by brian1971

• 1 month later...
I bought this since I've been waiting for some classic arcade games. Unfortunately these are all pretty poor... Some easy trophies but after the trophy pops I won't be playing them again.

They're not all poor. I'll agree that some games haven't aged well (Gauntlet, Defender), some have poor controls (720, Vindicators, and the racing games), and some were never good to begin with (Spy Hunter 2). But there are still some great games here. Spy Hunter is still imminently playable, Root Beer Tapper is just fun, and Smash TV and its sequel are still great.

• 1 month later...
I bought this since I've been waiting for some classic arcade games. Unfortunately these are all pretty poor... Some easy trophies but after the trophy pops I won't be playing them again.

Have to agree with this - a lot of them are very difficult to even control. A lot of these games I remember playing for hours back in the 80's and 90's, and for some reason I am just not into them anymore. I really thought I would be, but I'm getting pretty bored with this really quick - only paid $15 so its no biggie...just disappointed.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just picked it up today at Walmart. I saw on CAG that some stores have a $10 clearance bin set up and this was one of the games mentioned. I've wanted it for a while. I checked tyree other Walmarts over the past few weeks but no dice. Checked the last one in my area today and found the last copy buried at the bottom. 30 classic games for $10? Yes, please.

My father-in-law and I spent the last few hours playing Arch Rivals, Toobin', Gauntlet, Rampage and Smash TV and had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

got it for 14 bucks, and regreted because i saw it like two days after at more than half the price at a more "yippie" store :mad:

but i guess its ok, you can complain for old school games. the only flaw is that it doesnt show a background story or details of the game like sonic sega genesis collection, but other than that its ok