I have solved the MC: LA SC DLC Problem!

maxpontiac

After hours of phone calls with Rockstar, days on end of searching the net, tons of races, game data deletes and reloads, I have fixed the issue for me.

Here is EXACTLY what I did, in a detailed step by step description (yes, this is pain the butt, but it worked for me) --- :)

1 - I copied my current game save on to a USB flash drive.

2 - I deleted my current game save off my hard drive.

3 - I deleted the MC:LA file in the Game Data Utility.

4 - I put MC:LA in the PS3 and started the game up

4A - This prompted me to download version 1.04.

5 - After the patch was finished, I let the game run until the "press start" screen.

5A - I then quit the game (did not press start).

6 - I went to the PS Store, and downloaded the FREE map first.

6A - After the download was finished, I installed it at the XMB.

7 - I then started a new game, and played until I could save.

7A - After I was able to save and quit, I went to the PS store to download the premium content.

7B - I pressed download in the background, and then installed the DLC from the XMB.

8 - I started the game up, went to the garage, and checked to see if the new cars and rims were there now, and they were.

8A - I quit the game.

9 - I then went and deleted my new save on the hard drive.

10 - I copied my original game save on my USB flash drive back to my PS3 hard drive.

11 - I started the game back up.

12 - I went to the garage, and sold EVERY car but one that I had.

12A - I traded in the last car I owned towards a Range Rover Sport SUV, and customized it with DLC rims, paint, EMP, and full performance upgrade (The Range Rover will be the only car you own.).

13 - I exited the garage in my Range Rover, went and found a HARD (a red one) freeway race on the freeway that borders LA and South Central and won it.

14 - Approximately 10 seconds later, Karol called me to go find Doc's garage in South Central.

15 - I drove to the map location, entered the garage, and the trophy unlocked.

I really hope this works for everybody else, and if does, spread the word to all the other forums you visit!!!

MODS - I would like to request a sticky due to the wide-spread problem this is. Thank you.

EDIT - Some minor clarifications on the details to try and help others. Good luck.

Edited by maxpontiac

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on finding a fix mate. I started the game again (after backing up the old save, of course) and unlocked them like that. That way, I've got all my old cars. The early races are so easy because of 1.03, and South Central missions unlocked at 11% and 23%, the latter making the missions unlock regulary after doing other missions.

whether this works or not the point is people should not have to go to all this trouble to play dlc especially if you pay for it.i myself had the same sort of trouble after 20 mins of driving aimlessly about waiting for a call i went to a garage (not the new one) and got in a suv, i done a freeway race closest to the new map won and got the call to go to the garage.i also dont want to be the bearer of bad news but this must be the worst dlc i have ever gotten, the whole career takes about an hour if that, there is no challenge to it, there aint as much traffic and its the first time i have seen slow down in the whole game.i havent yet done all the goal attacks i think there is around 25.shame as i have really enjoyed midnight club till this point, oh and i havent even gotten started on how crap the new cars are.

Edited by bleeds

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I'm glad someone got something to work but it didn't work for mine. I followed the instructions step by step last night and still no call from Karol. Were you just having a problem with the career not starting or was the map not even showing?

Career not starting.

Did you remove all traces of MC:LA files from your PS3?

It wouldn't work until I deleted everything.:)

whether this works or not the point is people should not have to go to all this trouble to play dlc especially if you pay for it.i myself had the same sort of trouble after 20 mins of driving aimlessly about waiting for a call i went to a garage (not the new one) and got in a suv, i done a freeway race closest to the new map won and got the call to go to the garage.i also dont want to be the bearer of bad news but this must be the worst dlc i have ever gotten, the whole career takes about an hour if that, there is no challenge to it, there aint as much traffic and its the first time i have seen slow down in the whole game.i havent yet done all the goal attacks i think there is around 25.shame as i have really enjoyed midnight club till this point, oh and i havent even gotten started on how crap the new cars are.

Agreed. It was a giant pain in the butt... that had to be done.:cool:

Career not starting.

Did you remove all traces of MC:LA files from your PS3?

It wouldn't work until I deleted everything.:)

:

Yea, I deleted all traces including my photo album. Put a backup of my save file on a usb drive, deleted the save, and the main file. Unless there's something else I'm missing that was it.

Yea, I deleted all traces including my photo album. Put a backup of my save file on a usb drive, deleted the save, and the main file. Unless there's something else I'm missing that was it.

The only thing I can say is once everything is deleted, power the PS3 down, and try again.

After reading #5, I edited it in an attempt to be a little clearer.

I hope it works for you man.:)

EDIT - I also edited step 13 as well with further detail.

Edited by maxpontiac

I have got a perfect solution that will work for everyone. After trying out different ways of getting Doc to call me. (all unsuccessful)

I've decided to start a new game. Created another user on PS3, copied the save file to new account, and deleted the save from original account and started over the whole career. It might seem a daunting task, but I'm actually enjoying playing it over again. Having 600 bucks for a win and scraping for an upgrade or a new car. In 2 days of playing (probably 4-5 hours in total, which is probably the same as u've done trying to fix the bug) I've unlocked all cars apart from the exotic ones.

I've done the goal attacks while I was trying to get Doc to call me. Took me 35 minutes on Ninja motorbike (I timed myself).

Max... Before you did everything, how much if the game did you have COMPLETE BEFORE DOING EVERYTHING....

There seems to be an issue if you have done everything in the game - 100%, all trophies, Platinum etc. - pre-install of all the add on stuff like the patch, map, and Premium DLC.

Hmmmm...

Those of us that had 100% in the game and had the Platinum before the patch, map and pre-mo upgrade don't seem to be getting the call whatsoever.

:confused: :(

Edited by talonkard044

Wow. I honestly feel bad for all you guys who have yet to access this DLC. For I really hoped I solved the problem for everyone.

For those who are wondering, I was 100% complete on the game (minus the trophies).

EDIT - I edited the first post with adding that I installed DLC rims on my Range Rover and defined that that the Range Rover is the "Sport" model.

Edited by maxpontiac

The fix didn't work for me either. :mad:

I've only completed around 65% of the game, but I've done the Franchise mission and having spent 50 hrs+ there's no way I want to start a new save.

mate I was able to get to get all the trophies in 6-8 hours of gameplay when starting a new game altogether. I've spent around the same time trying to get a call from Doc. Wish I started from the beginning when I purchased the DLC

• 1 month later...