WTF is wrong with me and/or what am i doing wrong

rbanke

Got this game when it released, played for 6 or 7 hours, got my ass handed to me on nearly every race, every time. Be it, rubberbanding, a dumb crash at the last second before the end, whatever, couldnt win any races. Had lots of other games also, so i put this down and played those.

Yesterday i heard there was a patch which is meant to make the AI a bit more bearable, so i decided to fire up the game again. 3 hours into it, i'm loosing almost every race still. I simply do not understand this. I've been playing racing games my entire life, and never have had a problem where i simply cant win races, even retrying several times.

I read that bikes seemed easier, so i traded my 240 in on a bike, its a LITTLE better, but i still am getting dominated. The other cars simply are faster then me (or ram me into oncoming traffic, dont seem to have to slow down to turn, dont get in accidents, whatever).

I know alot of people have gotten pretty far in this game, so it has to be me. Is there anything I might be doing wrong? I'm really getting sick of restarting 4-5 minute races only to loose at the end, and am about to just say screw it and trade it in...

:(

thats your problem, you keep restarting. It has been said by many people across many forums that if you press restart the game WILL get harder but if you finish the race (like your suppose to) then the races will eventually get easier.

I didnt believe this at first but as soon as I tried, it does work & it is true. Im 95% done with the game and already have my platinum. Just to let you know this is my first racing game that I have bought & trust me when i say this: "I suck at racing".

Just dont restart

One thing I realized also is that if you upgrade your car to the next class so will your opponents. I think it is a god idea when upgrading to make sure you dont upgrade say from b-class to a-class. Just upgrade as much as you can without going up a class. Because then you are just at the bottom end of that class instead of the top end of the class below.

Perhaps, your problem is how are you handling the pressure.

You are driving a C-class top speed, 1st place , last lap and then!! craash!!

You get nervous, try to relax and all well be fine :D

It's not about how good are you at, its about the hard you try.

And dont restart xP