Better Car. Harder game

I bought this game a while ago. never played it . so now i started playing it. am not getting PS4 anytime soon because am going to college so i will waste my time with PS3 games. it has a good library overall. so i never played a racing game this gen. it was time to try one. this was made by rockstar. can't be anything less than epic. but.Is it just me. or this game gets exponentially harder when you get a better car. When the game started. I had a terrible car and i was winning mostly. then I got some 28k class C car. then. i was hardly winning anything. so. i was testing the game. i sold that car and used a terrible car. the worse i could find. and i was winning. yeah believe it or not. the opponents would drive way slower. and their AI was less. and they wouldn't advance much infront of me. so. I went ahead and bought a Class B car. the evolution X. some upgrades. and the game was unwinable again. am pretty sure this game gets harder with better cars. been playing it for hours. my first racing game this gen and apparently the last. this is why am not a big fan of racing games. they put such unfair mechanics to force you to lose. i mean the game isn't just hard after you buy a car. its almost impossible to win.even if i go ahead and play early missions in the game with fast cars. its impossible to win. i really couldn't win with any of the good cars even if i dont crash at all. this is one of many unfair mechanics in this game. not sure what rockstar was thinking. basically destroyes the fun in this game. buying good cars and blowing your enemies away. damn you rockstar. what were you thinking? i have no problem making a video and proving this. but you go ahead and try. you will notice this right off the start.

You're obviously not familiar with the franchise.

Midnight Club is loved by its fanbase because of its sheer difficulty and satisfaction that comes from those races that you call "too hard." It's been that way since Midnight Club 2, which was easily one of the best racers in the past decade. It's not about just getting the fastest vehicle and then blowing everyone away like any other game. It's about learning the entire city, the shortcuts, being able to take your OWN path to the next checkpoint or finish line and doing so with nerves of steel.

The game even has those lame powerups to help you win(was never a fan of them being included). Basically, Midnight Club games are definitely not for everyone. That doesn't mean that they're bad games, it just means that it caters to a demographic that doesn't want to be babied with easy comebacks or AI that simply lets you roll right by without a care.

You're obviously not familiar with the franchise.

Midnight Club is loved by its fanbase because of its sheer difficulty and satisfaction that comes from those races that you call "too hard." It's been that way since Midnight Club 2, which was easily one of the best racers in the past decade. It's not about just getting the fastest vehicle and then blowing everyone away like any other game. It's about learning the entire city, the shortcuts, being able to take your OWN path to the next checkpoint or finish line and doing so with nerves of steel.

The game even has those lame powerups to help you win(was never a fan of them being included). Basically, Midnight Club games are definitely not for everyone. That doesn't mean that they're bad games, it just means that it caters to a demographic that doesn't want to be babied with easy comebacks or AI that simply lets you roll right by without a care.

yeah but did you get my point. the game is horrible in my opinion for many reason. but that is an unfair mechanic that makes racing games worse than they already are. power ups are useless.

yeah but did you get my point. the game is horrible in my opinion for many reason. but that is an unfair mechanic that makes racing games worse than they already are. power ups are useless.

I haven't dealt with the problems you're having with the game and I don't find it unfair. I win often with my class A 1098r or Murcielago DUB. Hell, even my class A Skyline does pretty well in races against AI.

It sort of reminds me of Spelunky. You'll fail a lot as a beginner...but you get better and better with each race.

I haven't dealt with the problems you're having with the game and I don't find it unfair. I win often with my class A 1098r or Murcielago DUB. Hell, even my class A Skyline does pretty well in races against AI.

It sort of reminds me of Spelunky. You'll fail a lot as a beginner...but you get better and better with each race.

but the OPPOSITE is happening here. so your saying that there is no such thing. the race does not become harder when you get a better car. because i can prove it. i will take a video of the first 20 seconds with the worse car in the game. and the best car i can buy right now. and show it to you.

• 1 month later...