"Rate My Rides" Freeze?

Anybody have a problem rating rides online? Almost every time I try to rate a ride it freezes at the loading screen. Sometimes I can get one or two rides to load and then it will inevitably freeze again. I've tried switching to a direct connection using ethernet cable and that didn't fix the problem. Anybody else experience this?

This is really disturbing because I can't unlock the trophy for this. I've spent an hour now trying to find different ways of accumulating 25 rides rated but it doesn't seem to count anything when it freezes and it freezes EVERY TIME.

Edited by RedEye420

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. so far i have tried just rating as many rides as it will let me. usually about 3. then when it freezes i reload the game and rate as many as i can again. i spent an hour doing this got up to about 40 and didn't get the trophy.

2. I have tried deleting my save file and starting from scratch and that doesn't solve the problem...it still freezes.

3. i tried using a direct connection via ethernet cable and that didn't work.

4. I tried exchanging my copy of midnight club for another one at gamestop. That didn't work.

5. I tried to delete my game data file and re-install. That didn't work.

6. I've tried rating rides as much as possible until it freezes and then repeating...it seems when it freezes you lose all credit for the rides you just rated.

How come most people don't have this problem? A lot of people already have this trophy and claim they never experienced anything like what I am having problems with. My good friend is having the same problem right now with midnight club. Other people on our friend's list have gotten this trophy as recently as 4-22-09.

PLEASE! SOMEBODY HELP ME! I've never been glitched out of a platinum, yet. I am 11 for 11. Somebody has got to have an answer or a solution for this.

IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT THIS IS AN EA SERVER ISSUE AND THAT IT WILL EVENTUALLY SOLVE ITSELF?

Edited by RedEye420

FWIW, I'm having the exact same problem with continual freezes when trying to rate rides.

I'm also having a problem with a missing Collectible. Hollywood Collectible #13 is listed as "Hidden", and I know exactly where it's supposed to be -- under Hwy 101, at the bend in the construction zone -- but it's not there, so I can't possible "collect" it.

I'm wondering if these are bugs introduced by version 1.05 of the game?

i just tried to rate some rides and it worked! well.. it worked for about 13 cars until it froze again...

guess the problem is our internet connection! at this time there are not as much players at their ps3 as on noon or afternoon...

we should triy to rate some rides at midnight... guess thats why the game got its name...^^

guess the problem is our internet connection! at this time there are not as much players at their ps3 as on noon or afternoon...

There are people from all parts of the country who are experiencing this problem and we all have different internet connections. I have also tried this at all hours of the day and it freezes EVERY TIME.

sorry man but i don't think you found the solution just because you got through more cars than usual on a low-traffic time. The fact is, it still froze on you. you are jumping to a conclusion and you need more details to back up your thesis.

#1. There's no way to definitively know for sure how many people are using Rockstar Midnight Club servers at any given time. You have no way of knowing if it really was low-traffic or not. Time of day is irrelevant. It's always happy hour somewhere.

#2. You only tried this once. You didn't re-test to see if you could get back to 13 cars. You didn't re-test on a so-called "busier time" (check #1) to see if it happened immediately again.

Do some more testing then come back and tell us what you find.

Edited by RedEye420

Hi guys,

So far I've done all the things a poster already talked about...

1. so far i have tried just rating as many rides as it will let me. usually about 3. then when it freezes i reload the game and rate as many as i can again. i spent an hour doing this got up to about 40 and didn't get the trophy.

2. I have tried deleting my save file and starting from scratch and that doesn't solve the problem...it still freezes.

3. i tried using a direct connection via ethernet cable and that didn't work.

4. I tried exchanging my copy of midnight club for another one at gamestop. That didn't work.

5. I tried to delete my game data file and re-install. That didn't work.

6. I've tried rating rides as much as possible until it freezes and then repeating...it seems when it freezes you lose all credit for the rides you just rated.

Needless to say the frustration is/was through the roof..

I managed to get the Trophy...

Here is how.

Grab a pen and paper. [i used the calculator on my laptop]

Load the game [start in garage]

Hit start -> Online-> Rate my Ride

Go in "Top Rides" ...pick one and view it...loading... "o" to exit

Go in "Rate Rides"...rate..."o" to exit

Go in "Top Rides" again and do the same thing ,view one and exit

Then rate another ride and repeat the whole process...

Add +1 on you choice of keeping track [paper,calculator] for each sucessfull rating.

Don't get over confident and try to rate a maximum of 2-3 rides then Exit from "Rate my Ride" ...

!IMPORTANT!

If the game doesn't freeze while you exit to the street , then mark on the paper how many rides you rated ...If it freezes then you'll have to start over and erase all the marks you made from the last session. The key is to make a sucessfull Exit out of Rate my Ride then do something that causes the game to save [ie. a short race or going to the garage and changing your current car and/or modifications.

GL

Edited by AUSPUFF

Hi guys,

Here is how.

Add +1 on you choice of keeping track [paper,calculator] for each sucessfull rating.

Don't get over confident and try to rate a maximum of 2-3 rides then Exit from "Rate my Ride" ...

!IMPORTANT!

If the game doesn't freeze while you exit to the street , then mark on the paper how many rides you rated ...If it freezes then you'll have to start over and erase all the marks you made from the last session. The key is to make a sucessfull Exit out of Rate my Ride then do something that causes the game to save [ie. a short race or going to the garage and changing your current car and/or modifications.

GL

Excellent! Kudos to you good sir you deserve an extra special thank you. I will get to working on this tonight and I will see what I can come up with. To clarify...you are saying that you have to rate all 25 rides successfully without a freeze, right? I'm asking because what if I rate 24 rides successfully (saving after each one) and then the 25th freezes. Will i have to start all over or will rating one ride and saving be okay from here?

I'm off to get to work thank you very very much! My psn id is same as my forum name if you would like any help with the trophies i have I will be more than happy to oblige. The games I have a platinum for are in my signature. thanks again and good luck to you as well!

EDIT: after re-reading your post I think I have clarified myself. You are a kind soul sir. Let me know if there's any way I can help you in return.

Edited by RedEye420

Excellent! Kudos to you good sir you deserve an extra special thank you. I will get to working on this tonight and I will see what I can come up with. To clarify...you are saying that you have to rate all 25 rides successfully without a freeze, right? I'm asking because what if I rate 24 rides successfully (saving after each one) and then the 25th freezes. Will i have to start all over or will rating one ride and saving be okay from here?

I'm off to get to work thank you very very much! My psn id is same as my forum name if you would like any help with the trophies i have I will be more than happy to oblige. The games I have a platinum for are in my signature. thanks again and good luck to you as well!

EDIT: after re-reading your post I think I have clarified myself. You are a kind soul sir. Let me know if there's any way I can help you in return.

It doesnt matter if it freezes, you can reset the game and start over from the last count.

Lets say you rated 3 rides and managed to exit without freezing.

Then do something that makes your game save. Like a highway race or go in garage and change rides..when you pop out it saves.

So your count is still 3.

Then go in Rate my ride again and try to rate few more..lets say 4... you exit out without freeze and you save the game .your count goes up to 7.

Then you go back in and rate say 2 rides = 9 and on your exit it freezes...then your count would still be 7 as of your last save state.

Edit1: found a faster way to save... Pause -> Options -> Game -> Disable autosave -> Exit ...REPEAT... Pause -> Options -> Game -> ENABLE autosave

then the game Saves State. ^^

EDIT2: If say you get to count of 24 and you're in "Rate my Ride" and you rate the 25th..26th 27th etc... you WILL NOT get the Trophy untill you Exit out sucessfully without a freeze.

Edited by AUSPUFF

CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone owes Auspuff a HUGE thank you. His solution is ABSOLUTELY SPOT-ON. I was forced to rate one ride at a time (going back to the garage to save after each one) and I unlocked the trophy on EXACTLY the 25th ride. You do not have to get all the way back to the street after rating the last ride but you do need to back out to the "Rate My Ride" main menu before it unlocks. It took me the better part of two hours to get this achieved since most of the time I wasn't even able to rate a single ride. But every time I was able to successfully rate a ride I went back to the street/garage and saved. i didn't have any problems with freezing other than when it was trying to load a ride for me to rate. Great solution for those who are suffering from this problem.

EXCELLENT JOB AUSPUFF YOU ARE MY HERO RIGHT NOW! please do not be shy about that offer for help.

Thanks for the kind words guys !!

Glad I could help, as believe me I was close to breaking this B-Ray in half while trying to troubleshoot my network. The issue is Network related though , but on R* side. Router logs show it.

About the offer for help , I'm sure well encounter each other in the future but perhaps in another game as I'm almost done with MC:LA.

Edited by AUSPUFF

Hi guys,

Here is how.

!IMPORTANT!

GL

I cant even get to rate 1 even using this method :mad:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi guys,

Here is how.

!IMPORTANT!

GL

Auspuff thanks for this tip. It really helped me a lot. This is an excellent option if people keep getting ps3 froze while trying to get this trophy.

Another trick you can try if you're trying to get this trophy and your system keeps freezing is to go into the Rate My Ride feature, rate 5 rides, then exit RMR. If your system freezes before you get to 5, try maybe 2 or 3 at a time. Once back out in the street, just reverse while turning your car to the right to enter the Garage. Exit out of the garage and it saves your game for you. Repeat as necessary until the trophy pops up.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Here is how.

!IMPORTANT!

GL

This helped considerably. Thank you for posting it