5000 miles... is a joke!

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one that had this little problem, this is just venting really :|

But anyway, what sort of figure of miles were you lot on after completing everything? After two years of owning the game I've finally bothered to finish off the Career mode, Goal Attacks, Online and DLC yet am still only on 3700 miles total! After doing all of that (around 60 hours of gameplay) I think it's more than enough for platinum - yet am faced with an almighty grind to top it off!

Cheers for the non-existent user testing, Rockstar San Diego! Shame really as it's a great series of games.

Lol, I had well over 6000 miles once I completed the goal attacks, carreer and other trophies. But I drove around A LOT just for fun. You know, check out the city, discovering new shortcuts that weren't on the map, having fun with friends online.

You wont like GT5 then, its between 7 and 8000 miles (12000km)

Yeah, but as Ed-_- says that's not quite the same - on GT5 I easily accumulated that mileage just by playing the careers. It's the fact that you can do and see everything Midnight Club LA has to offer without reaching 5000 miles. It's not like I haven't done my fair amount of exploring or messing about online :) 2500 or 3000 would have been a more appropriate number really.

A quick bit of mental arithmetic says that even if I can average 200mph on the freeway that's still a staggering 6 or 7 hours of cruising left until platinum :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
You wont like GT5 then, its between 7 and 8000 miles (12000km)

Is that without the endurance races?

I wonder how long 1 lap of the indy track is, and then multiply it by 500 for the indy 500.

Most people, including myself, wouldn't do the endurance races.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I too was around 3500 miles when I completed everything except for my online trophies.

Unfortunately... instead of having a - still monstrous - 6 or 7 hours left of grinding on a completely tuned Ninja bike... My save got corrupted because of some glitch (having all goal attacks including the DLC ones completed) which has never been patched. Now I'm at a rather measly 1150 miles and have over 15+ hours of grinding to do for this trophy...

Edited by Nynrah Ghost

Dudes, you're all missing the point of this trophy! The point is to explore the city and everything it's got to offer. If you want this trophy as fast as possible and you enjoy driving round the 405 until without traffic on you bad ass motorcycle, go ahead! If you don't, just switch cars when you've driven a couple of miles in it, put traffic on for some challenge, and take some nice tour round the city! This will take a little longer, but it's definitely a lot more fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten every trophy besides 20 competitive wins and i have 4500 miles atm, but i've heard people who have gotten 100% completion at mid 3000s, and yeah like everyone else says just go online and create a custom match with no traffic and use a ninja or the 08 bike, i did the same thing for the wheelie and 2-wheeled trophy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...