This game is a huge disappointment

So there is thread how it is awesome and now iam the one who finds it boring and i do agree with 6/10 rating. I cant understand how this game should have 85% average rating :o i was excited to buy this, but this game is just one think again and again , orc become boring so quickly, combat is parody on batman and not that well done. Whole game feels like more B game then AAA title. Battles are annoying because swarming enemies :( anyone finds this bad too?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit clumsy at first but it gets better as you unlock skills.

However it was obvious from the early previews that it would be somehow repetitive. All sandbox games kind of are by nature, especially if you try to platinum them. As you quote the Batman games, they were extremely repetitive to do 100% (especially when you need to do it twice!!).

So there is thread how it is awesome and now iam the one who finds it boring and i do agree with 6/10 rating. I cant understand how this game should have 85% average rating :o i was excited to buy this, but this game is just one think again and again , orc become boring so quickly, combat is parody on batman and not that well done. Whole game feels like more B game then AAA title. Battles are annoying because swarming enemies :( anyone finds this bad too?

I find a distinct lack of reasoning in the things you find bad about the game, and instead just sounds like a frustrated guy bitching because it's too tough.

The combat does use the Batman Arkham mechanics, and does so exceedingly well. What exactly do you find about it that isn't done very well? The counter system is the same and works. The combo system allows for some great instant kills and never lets you down. The dodge mechanic also allows you to get out of harm's way in an instant and keeps your combo going. In all, it's the same system as Batman and there's no comparison between the two.

The game feels like a "B game"? Firstly, there's no such thing, but if there was it would be a game like Deadly Premonition which was a fantastic game and gave big AAA releases a bloody good run for their money. It's not a bad thing for a game to not be a major blockbuster, but this game is very certainly one. I would consider this game more complete, put together and fun than the last AAA title, Destiny.

Enemies are supposed to swarm you, but if you can gather enough skill, or if you were at all competent at Batman, you'd be able to counter, dodge and kill them without too much issue. Always take out the ranged enemies first, then work through the rest. Elementary stuff.

Most games set in Middle-Earth are all about the action, that's how it has always been. You should expect there to be a lot of fighting Orcs, just like Gran Turismo is just racing cars, and FIFA is just playing football. It's a little redundant to say that it's just the same thing. However, the Nemesis system (which you failed to mention and I assume it's because you haven't dug in to it) gives the game a new identity in a generation brimming with the same rehashed formula. You can create your own little story with each captain, pit them against each other and become surprised as a captain that you thought dead or you ran away from tracks you down - more powerful than ever - to exact his punishment on you. It's a fantastic system and one that should not be ignored.

Your opinion is fine, but I feel that you should at least explain what it is you really find wrong with it instead of just a generalisation against the whole thing. Until then, I'll stand by the statement that you're frustrated because you can't win, as it is the first reaction a person normally has to release their anger.

@^ agree 100%. No matter how good a games combat is there are always some that say it sucks. Ive always wondered what they consider good. Batman is about as good as it gets and works perfectly for this. Between berserkers, shields, grunts and captains I use every button on the controller in most fights and have tons of different moves, really don't know what else you could do to make it much better, but that's just my opinion. If all you do is dodge and counter then ya, that would get boring.

Edited by Shanehi185

I loved both first batmans and this combat in shadow is far from smooth. Its like amazing spiderman , combat copy batman, but its not batman, dont get me wrong iam happy that you enjoy this game, but how this can have 86% is big mystery for me. whole game just feels like game after movie release. I didnt enjoyed single moment in 4 hours:/

Literally some of the most fun i have in this game is walking into a stronghold and just causing a ruckus until im constantly being swarmed and then taking them all out

If your leveled enough and play ur cards right u can make it so that 99% of ur kills are executions (which i love in this game) no matter how many uruks ur faced with. You can literally chain shadow strikes together till you run out of arrows which is about 5 or 6 kills for me at the moment, do a combat drain and then literally repeat the process.

If u dont want to do that you can stun an enemy, start a flurry to get ur combo meter up and then do a double execution or fire arrow explosion if ur leveled enough

Or u can pop the sword, bow and dagger L3+R3 special and keep executing guys for almost a minute straight.

If your like me you can literally mix up all these strategies which makes the combat really exhilirating. Even batman doesnt allow for this level of badassery. With the skills that i have i never run from a group of uruks no matter how large unless i just dont want to fight them

What you talking about the free flow combat is implemented better here than on Batman Arkhan. The stealth is implemented betetr than on any Assassins Creed game. There is plenty of mission variety, the sandbox is big enought and full of fun things to do and the Nemesis system while not perfect is very fun and something that could grow a lot in the future and become a staple on videogames.

This is a 9/10 game imo.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Arkham games, and this game has become my personal GOTY. Its so distracting just running around and getting tied into going after this captain or that captain in revenge, pulling me away from the story or other missions. The nemesis system really makes this game special.

This here is your problem.

You need to spend more time with it and unlock more combat options. As has been previously stated, it really opens up after you get more skills.

Yup, I don't think I found a good rhythm with the game until I was about eight hours in.

I thought this game was an absolute blast! I was a big fan of both the AC and Batman series' and I can see the similarities, but I think, IMO, they took to up a bit. The nemesis system is great. When I get killed by the same guy a couple of times and he improves his power and rank it becomes so satisfying to finally kill him. I got distracted a lot and didn't do much of the story at first and just ran around causing as much trouble as possible.

I loved both first batmans and this combat in shadow is far from smooth. Its like amazing spiderman , combat copy batman, but its not batman, dont get me wrong iam happy that you enjoy this game, but how this can have 86% is big mystery for me. whole game just feels like game after movie release. I didnt enjoyed single moment in 4 hours:/

how can you say the combat system is far from smooth??? Its 100% smooth. It is in competition with batmans combat system and leaps and bounds better than AC's.

I'm glad to see the praise for the game in this thread after reading the title, I was eyeing this game up being a fan of Middle Earths setting, themeing and lore, I've got quite a collection of LotR/Hobbit games across my gaming platforms and was a bit worried about this game from a few gameplay clips I saw, and games aren't cheap :p But having read some of the more detailed posts here praising the game I think I might drop the cash and get it. :D