Question?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
question: why would u need to know that unless u were planning to pirate this game

i think i can safley say that no one on this site condones piracy :mad::mad:

I was just asking a question, seeing that this made headlines. Just because I brought it doesn't mean I have ulterior motives. I can't believe you'd bring that kind of prejudice to this discussion. Inquiries about anti-piracy makes a person as much of a pirate as having a butter knife makes you a potential killer. So I don't appreciate my action being misinterpreted as something negative. Rest assured, if I had wanted to know how to lift a copy of this or any other game, I would not have come here.

I don't need to be reminded the morality behind piracy, as I'm well aware of this fact. It's obvious everytime I see the FBI warning on every DVD, and it's obvious from this tactic by Ubisoft. Seeing as this site, and the corresponding site, is about an official company I knew the people here were against the the act. So I'm surprised that everybody here is not all over this story and asking if the other ports are safe. All the while, cheering Ubisoft on for this step.

Although I do wish that Sony would let us store our PSN games on cards and sticks like Nintendo. Seeing as the PS3 only has but so much memory and, if memory serves me ;), you can only download a game three time before they lock the game and require you to buy it again. Conserving space while building a collection should not be associated with piracy. Nor should it be taboo.

Idiot :facepalm:

Please save such comments for you inner child. :p

• 4 months later...
I was just asking a question, seeing that this made headlines. Just because I brought it doesn't mean I have ulterior motives. I can't believe you'd bring that kind of prejudice to this discussion. Inquiries about anti-piracy makes a person as much of a pirate as having a butter knife makes you a potential killer. So I don't appreciate my action being misinterpreted as something negative. Rest assured, if I had wanted to know how to lift a copy of this or any other game, I would not have come here.

I don't need to be reminded the morality behind piracy, as I'm well aware of this fact. It's obvious everytime I see the FBI warning on every DVD, and it's obvious from this tactic by Ubisoft. Seeing as this site, and the corresponding site, is about an official company I knew the people here were against the the act. So I'm surprised that everybody here is not all over this story and asking if the other ports are safe. All the while, cheering Ubisoft on for this step.

Although I do wish that Sony would let us store our PSN games on cards and sticks like Nintendo. Seeing as the PS3 only has but so much memory and, if memory serves me ;), you can only download a game three time before they lock the game and require you to buy it again. Conserving space while building a collection should not be associated with piracy. Nor should it be taboo.

Please save such comments for you inner child. :p

Dude, its not the memory thats the issue. (hard drives will always continue to grow) you will always be able to keep your downloads. I've had 7 different playstations, (only due to financial problems) and ive been able to redownload them more than 5 times. They do not "lock" the game and make you rebuy it. You either 1. have to be sure to deactivate the system your getting rid of or two if deactivation is impossible, there is a site you go to that can deactivate all your systems, therefore, leaving those downloads downloadable again. i have a 300gb or 350 w.e it is and its more than enough room. I have a crapload of games on it and still have plenty of GB left...research this site. It has much to offer xD