How I made Shadow Ranger glitch in a good way

maink

play up to the last part of the chapter the garden save and quit when you go up the stairs .

back up your save to psplus

delete your save on your ps3

copy your psplus save press countinue and all your collectibles should be gone

finish the story and shadow ranger should unlock

if you want to collectibles to appear after reapeat the process but select chapter select instead

Edited by maink

play up to the last part of the chapter the garden save and quit when you go up the stairs .

back up your save to psplus

delete your save on your ps3

copy your psplus save press countinue and all your collectibles should be gone

finish the story and shadow ranger should unlock

if you want to collectibles to appear after reapeat the process but select chapter select instead

I heard of this glitch for the 360/Steam, but I didn't think it worked for the PS3.

For instance this video:

From video(360 version):"With this tutorial you can unlock this achievement KILLING EVERYONE YOU WANT!!!

#1 - Play Game as usual ,killing everyone you want and complete the game.

#2 - Go to the Metro 2033 files in dashboard , system , MEMORY(HDD).

#3 - Delete file Preferences.

#4 - Play game from D6 level (as select chapter) ,and don't kill anybody

expect of men with shield and flametrower.

#5 - Wait the end and the Achievement Unlocked is yours."

So it sounds like you can use this glitch using PS+ save storage as a workaround to the fact that the PS3 save has the game data(i.e. what level you're on) and game preferences(i.e. option preferences, collectables, and stats like number of kills in entire playthrough) in the same file, whereas on 360/PC they are in separate files. On 360/PC you can simply delete the save file containing your kill count while keeping your chapter select save to easily get Shadow Ranger by replaying the last level with your kill count set to 0 by default.

I'll see if I can repeat your success by doing this.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

So... it didnt work for me.

What I did exactly was -

1 - I loaded the game at The Garden Level.

2 - Played through to where I had run up the stairs - but not into the building.

3 - Quit the game to main screen.

4 - Quit to the XMB

5 - Copied my game to the PSPlus Cloud (I didn't wait for auto update to do it for me)

6 - Deleted my save data file.

7 - Waited the required 24 hours to copy save data file back from cloud.

8 - Loaded the came as usual using continue, not chapter select.

9 - Continued to play as normal til the end (killing nobody but the shield guys protecting the

flamethrower at the end)

What happened - the cut scene played and the lever was pulled (don't know if that made a difference) and it never popped. Though where the trophy would appear in the list there is just a rotating arrow waiting to load an image as if there should be something there.

Edited by HaveUSeenTheCat

I never tried this specifically but I can tell you a big detail that has been left out...

Normally, PS+ backups are limited to one download per day. However, for some insanely retarded reason, METRO: LAST LIGHT includes uploads within this quota. Therefore, if you have automatic backups enabled, you will need to disable them and wait for 24 hours before you can even begin to try this.

Then after you have backed up the save at the appropriate point of the game, you will have to wait a further 24 hours before you will be able to download the backup.

What's more, is that when I initially disabled the automatic upload, it didn't even take effect until the next day. In other words, I disabled it approximately 6 hours before it was scheduled, but it still carried out the next backup anyway. :rolleyes:

edit: Okay, I guess you knew all that lol. The one thing I would say is that when I was going for 'Shadow Ranger', I went with the assumption that even the shield guys couldn't be killed (except for collateral once the flamethrower explodes).

Edited by Robaldinio

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

So... it didnt work for me.

What I did exactly was -

1 - I loaded the game at The Garden Level.

2 - Played through to where I had run up the stairs - but not into the building.

3 - Quit the game to main screen.

4 - Quit to the XMB

5 - Copied my game to the PSPlus Cloud (I didn't wait for auto update to do it for me)

6 - Deleted my save data file.

7 - Waited the required 24 hours to copy save data file back from cloud.

8 - Loaded the came as usual using continue, not chapter select.

9 - Continued to play as normal til the end (killing nobody but the shield guys protecting the

flamethrower at the end)

What happened - the cut scene played and the lever was pulled (don't know if that made a difference) and it never popped. Though where the trophy would appear in the list there is just a rotating arrow waiting to load an image as if there should be something there.

I was also unable to get it to work with those same steps. So I'm trying from the beginning again now.