Shadow Ranger or coward?

jarlaxle

Shadow Ranger trophy is a totally BS trophy. The script of the game requires you to kill at some points and just to get the trophy you need to act cowardly and make stupid decisions. Such as

- the D6 level; you need to hide behind the cover during the battle (except for the flamethrower guy and tank sections) like a chicken where your comrades fight to the death with the enemy.

- Red Square and Chase chapters; you need to politely knock down the enemies who rain bullets at your face.

The game already rewards stealth play with trophies in numerous chapters. And those levels were quite fun because it made sense to be stealthy considering the number of enemies surrounding you. So, why this stupid no-kill trophy?

I platinumed the game and hated my second playthrough without killing anyone. The developers should be mıore careful while designing trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It might be worth pointing out that a game designer has said you can actually kill enemies on those levels.

"all NPCs on the levels The Chase, Red Square, and D6 do not count towards the Shadow Ranger achievement, and can be killed indiscriminately."

This has been confirmed by at least a few players who have got the trophy/achievement after killing enemies there, and it's also on the Metro wiki.

Shadow Ranger - Metro Wiki - Locations, Mutants, Characters, Metro System, Achievements, and more!

After all, the trophy description is "Complete the game without killing any Humans unless forced to." I'd say you are only really forced to kill on those chapters. It just never explicitly says what chapters, which is annoying.