Game is basically unplayable

horace_vr

Hi Guys,

Did a bit of searching around, but could not find such a mixture of bugs and glitches that I am encountering:

- every saving or loading takes bloody ages (even 1 full minute); I am not talking about chapters, but about in-game loads of new areas, which should be pretty seamless; checkpoints are the same

- sound starts to a 1-2 seconds loop my character stands still; it just keeps repeating the same 1-2 seconds of sound until I move or bring out the lighter (yep). Subtitles are advancing at normal rate though, as does the animation

- when shooting, sound is either delayed, or does not happen at all (especially when aiming through a scope

- on the XMB menu, when game is selected, there is no Metro:LL background, so I guess there may be something with the installation...

All of these make the game basically unplayable; at least it ruins the whole experience.

Are there any fixes...? I tried re-downloading and re-installing, but no luck :(

Thanks in advance for any help

This game is a technical train wreck that was released well before it should have been and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it :(. The developers are more interested in the forthcoming PS4 HD Remake then they are fixing the wreck they left behind for us to deal with :mad:. The digital version of this game is 10x worse than the retail version, personally I'd cut your losses and forget about this game as there are far more deserving ones out there.

Alright well screw it then, I've now seen this about 5 times so I'm not going to bother with this game. Getting deleted off my PS3 when I get home today. I'll just wait and play it on PC in a few years once I get a better computer and can get the game for incredibly cheap. Are they actually doing a PS4 port? I hadn't heard anything about one before.

The PC version is just as bad unfortunately from what I've read :(. Here's the official announcements for the PS4 version:

Metro Redux Confirmed, Proper Announcement at E3 - Playstation 4, PlayStation 3 News At PlaystationTrophies.org

Metro Redux Collection Outed For PlayStation 4 - Playstation 4, PlayStation 3 News At PlaystationTrophies.org

I played the original Metro on the 360 and it suffers from some lousy level and gameplay choices, namely the dreadful save system and confusing level design that means you get lost easily.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

This game is a technical train wreck that was released well before it should have been and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it :(. The developers are more interested in the forthcoming PS4 HD Remake then they are fixing the wreck they left behind for us to deal with :mad:. The digital version of this game is 10x worse than the retail version, personally I'd cut your losses and forget about this game as there are far more deserving ones out there.

Thanks man; I was hoping for a different answer, but I guess this is life. Time for Tomb Raider then :applause:

I consider myself a boring ..... hohohohoho .... but to me these problems are not occurring.

At times the game have a rapidy locked but nothing to panic. (not enough to interfere with the game)

I was not excited to play but I'm enjoying it .... It's been fun. (I'm playing on easy)

These reported problems not yet occurred to me ....

Hi Guys,

Did a bit of searching around, but could not find such a mixture of bugs and glitches that I am encountering:

- every saving or loading takes bloody ages (even 1 full minute); I am not talking about chapters, but about in-game loads of new areas, which should be pretty seamless; checkpoints are the same

- sound starts to a 1-2 seconds loop my character stands still; it just keeps repeating the same 1-2 seconds of sound until I move or bring out the lighter (yep). Subtitles are advancing at normal rate though, as does the animation

- when shooting, sound is either delayed, or does not happen at all (especially when aiming through a scope

- on the XMB menu, when game is selected, there is no Metro:LL background, so I guess there may be something with the installation...

All of these make the game basically unplayable; at least it ruins the whole experience.

Are there any fixes...? I tried re-downloading and re-installing, but no luck :(

Thanks in advance for any help

• 2 months later...

At the moment I'm halfway through the story line and haven't come along and bugs or glitches as of yet. Hopefully my play through stays this way for a smooth run, I'm going for my no kills run first just to get it out of the way.

Although there are groups of people who talk over each other so I'm not too sure if this may be a bug? :think:

By the way my copy of Metro: Last Light hasn't had an update either, have played it with no internet since I bought it retail.

At what stage of the game have these bugs come into effect Terminator?

Edited by leetgamer

The problems started for me in my second Playthrough, from there onwards it was all downhill with frequent hard freezing, script glitches that forced me to start 1 or 2 Chapters over from scratch (voiding a couple of trophies in the process), Shadow Ranger and a couple of other trophies glitched on me and thanks to the Developer Pack, I lost my save 5+ times due to it getting unceremoniously deleted after the game crashed :mad: (I have the retail release BTW).

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

I appreciate that 4A games went through hell to make this but failing to fix 95% of the bugs people have found, is beyond unacceptable and are the reason I'm holding off on the Redux version until reliable user reviews are in. Deep Silver being the publisher should have sent up a warning for me as they have published some of the buggiest and most broken games ever made.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I've run into:

Being stuck in the ground so that I can't move.

Infinite black screen after completing a chapter

Not being able to move (myself or the camera) after reloading due to death. I could jump (but not escape) and switch weapons though

It's buggy and all but nothing compared to my experience with the Fallout series.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 3 weeks later...

Figured to share my experiences as well.

On my first playthrough (no human kills) the game worked well. The only bug I remember happening was when I tried to knock an enemy out from behind and the game froze to the animation twice in a row. Luckily I didn't need to kill those two guys because they were glitched out and they didn't see me when I walked past them. That was the only bug I saw on my first playthrough.

The second playthrough was a total disaster. Every time the game triggered an autosave the whole game froze for ~5 seconds. Some scenarios where I should've received good karma points didn't register etc. Luckily I succesfully got the good ending and platinum.

All in all, even though technically this game is one of the worst games that I've ever played, I really enjoyed it. Give it a go if you're patient person. I'm clearing my backlog before buying the DLC's. :)