Very very buggy game and now corrupt save!

gudger666

Very disappointed in this game, a lot of enemies freeze at parts where you need to do something meaning you have to start chapters again, now the games music went funny and i went to restart checkpoint and it crashed and corrupted my dam save.... right near end as well... all that time getting collectables and moral points and not killing anyone totally wasted!

I haven't experienced any of the glitches/freezes/corruptions, although even without those hassles, the trophies are mainly bullshit, annoying, and extremely easy to mess up, which will often require you to replay multiple chapters. The game itself is barely even sub-par, so I wouldn't recommend it anyway.

The game freezed plenty of times in my case too. and the first one, even before beginning the campaign :eek:

I dont know if I got any glitch, but I was one of many that couldnt get SR trophy thinking I was doing fine. If I knew this game had this trophy, with no statistics page telling you if you were in the right direction, I would have avoided it.

The game is really inmersive and I enjoyed it a lot though, however knowing these facts beforehand Id rather have played its campaign on PC just once withouth dl'ing the ps3 version. When you suffer playing thinking the game may "break" like Dark Void or this one, it sucks donkey balls.

Same pile of crap happened to me, near end of depot level after getting EVERYTHING and doing a marathon, last save I have is from about 8 hours gameplay ago on the cloud.

Ok, the music went all choppy, but game played fine so I continued to see if it would sort itself out, it didn't so I SAVED & EXITED not reload checkpoint.

So I restarted and pressed continue, it just crashes after the speaking on the loading screen. I tried it three times all the same.

So I checked my save file and it doesn't say corrupted or anything and I can access info on it, so I went to chapter select, and chose chapter before and it loaded fine.

I hope this isn't gonna fuck up shadow ranger or redemption, if so I'm giving up on this broke sorry ass piece of doggie doo doo!

This is starting to worry me, hopefully I don't get screwed over near the end of the game too.

Since I've continued everything's been fine, I just hope the two trophies still pop.

UPDATE: ok so shadow ranger popped, followed by cest la vie, like WTF, the only thing I missed was the 4 hidden stashes in quarantine, even though I saved everyone and never killed anything I shouldn't.

Does anyone know if I can replay from quarantine and do good from then on, do u reckon it'll pop.

Edited by BaSHee26

I finished this game recently, and mostly enjoyed it, but it was definitely riddled with bugs. Aside from various harmless animation glitches, the game froze my PS3 several times; once the icons for my weapons got swapped (causing me to think I had a silenced weapon equipped when I actually had a non-silenced one); and I encountered situations where picking up filters would cause my "time remaining" total to decrease instead of increase.

I'm just gonna chime in here with my own experiences. I had about 3 freezes across 2 playthroughs, and that's pretty much it for bugs. The game autosaves a lot so that could be the minor "freezing" you're experiencing.

It's very easy to corrupt your save in this game because like I said -- it autosaves a lot. I watched the game autosave, paused it, quit to the XMB, then it started autosaving again. Beware!

I have to start a 3rd playthrough for the shadow ranger trophy, because during the 1st one, too many glitches voided it for me.

For instance, I had ennemy frozen on place in the contagion level, but still heard them shout and shoot, and run into fire I guess. In the revolution level, after loading a checkpoint, my charachter had no hands anymore (meaning no weapon, boussole or whatsoever) and it stayed that way until the next chapter...

The game is quite allright but too many glitches make it tedious for platinum.

• 3 weeks later...

I've literally had my entire trophy collection for this game erased. I don't even get how that's possible. :mad:

Game froze my PS3 and I had to reset it (and it seemed to freeze it in a different way since simply pressing the power button wasn't enough). Turn it back on and... no more Metro: Last Light trophies. :rolleyes:

My save seems to be intact, but... I can't seem to get the trophies I "already had". I got Weapon Smith (which I didn't have before) immediately after doing it right, but C'est la vie and True Spartan didn't pop up after jumping to the final chapter and finishing it. Additionally, whatever kept track of progress like weapons that had kills or how many humans/monsters I killed seems to have reset, considering I didn't get Soldier or Gunslinger upon killing the first enemy in the final chapter. I'm most worried about Published though. If the game counts the amount I collect after this reset rather than the amount the game already has, then it's "impossible" for me to get a count of 43 diaries.

EDIT: Syncing has given me a total of 2 trophies which I had when I apparently last synced one week ago. Oh joy.

EDIT 2: First Draft hasn't unlocked after picking up another Diary. Inferno and No Shooting Allowed, which i previously had, also did not unlock. ****. Guess I'm resorting to wiping out my save data and trying again.

EDIT 3: Yup, that managed to "fix" it. Glad I can still get Platinum on it, but man, all that time gone to waste...

Edited by GZS

• 3 weeks later...
I've literally had my entire trophy collection for this game erased. I don't even get how that's possible. :mad:

The exact same thing happened to me when I finished the bridge chapter. The game was supposed to give me the "Rain Man" trophy, but crashed while loading -> all trophies gone. Luckily, I had synced my trophies not that long ago so I truly lost only a few of them.

However, what might be of interest is this: You can not get any trophy that the game has already given to you again. For example, I had the "Walking Bank" trophy (1000 money), and it was wiped. I tried to buy stuff to go under 1000 and then back over again, and it didn't help. Another one was the lightbulbs: had over 40 unscrewed, and unscrewing more did not unlock it.

Thankfully I got my "Shadow Ranger" in the end though. So to be on the safe side, I'm going to clear my save data and get what I still need on the second run on a new save file.

Edited by PabloInThePark

• 2 months later...
I wasnt expecting much from this game but i have to say i actually liked it, no freezes or glitches or anything. Got shadow ranger and good end on first try so now i can just enjoy the 2nd pt.

My first run had no problem too, but in my second one to get the bad ending game started to freeze a lot and after Quarantine chapter my save file was corrupted and i don't know if i want start again.:(

Don't bother, I've played and hated a lot of games over the years but only a handful have ever made it on to my "Why did I buy this?" list and M: LL is one of them. Seriously, it's a complete train wreck so I would trade it in and forget you ever heard of it.

The upcoming Redux version should be better but I'd wait for some user reviews before getting that.

Don't bother, I've played and hated a lot of games over the years but only a handful have ever made it on to my "Why did I buy this?" list and M: LL is one of them. Seriously, it's a complete train wreck so I would trade it in and forget you ever heard of it.

The upcoming Redux version should be better but I'd wait for some user reviews before getting that.

You mention how much you dislike Metro:LL frequently so it's safe to say you really didn't like it.

I think everyone has one of those games that they really, really dislike. For me it's Resident Evil 6. It makes Metro: LL look like a AAA title.

Just started playing the game, got to chapter 7 when suddenly everything froze and the game crashed. Thought it wasn't a big deal, just had to reset the console and load a save, but nope, no continue option, only new game. I was actually having fun, but this has really turned me off. Maybe I'll return after playing a couple of different games, but I really wish I had listened to the people saying the game was a technical mess.