Metro last light shadow ranger glitch club

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully someone will have ironed out a definitive pass/fail list for this one. Mypeople saying you can't loot bodies above ground, or knock them out even remotely near fires. My biggest gripe is the chase, and the last stand. Nothing breaks immersion in a story like hiding like a little bitch while your friends do all the killing for you, likely dying in the process.

Edited by jerric

Hopefully someone will have ironed out a definitive pass/fail list for this one. Mypeople saying you can't loot bodies above ground, or knock them out even remotely near fires. My biggest gripe is the chase, and the last stand. Nothing breaks immersion in a story like hiding like a little bitch while your friends do all the killing for you, likely dying in the process.

Yep that's exactly how I felt, my commrads were fighting and dying while I hide in a corner. Its too bad too because its a great game..

Edited by dz06lt

nope, didn't get it...

i think i might have killed a shield guy in the final stage in front of the flamthrower, but i can't be sure because i'm using the minigun....

they should have straight out said no killing humans, and made the flamethrower die by the npcs...

im not entirely sure who i killed and who i didn't... for the first half of the game, i did not touch the R1 button thinking that killing a mutant would go against this damn trophy...

im not even sure with the flamethrower guy, those guys dont die anyway... since the flamethrower guy does blow up...

• 2 weeks later...

i just finished my first playthrough and got shadow ranger and the good ending (redemption) first try.

i definitely

- killed many mutants and knocked out many humans

- drove over an enemy a couple of times in the bandits level (knocked him out right on the tracks and drove over him several times while collecting and selling weapons...).

- restarted the whole bandits level via chapter select because of the one glitch where you couldnt knock out the one guy on the cart once he stood up.

- raised alarms several times and if so just rushed for the exit while tanking bullets (on easy) or sometimes just ran up to them spamming the square button while everyone was shooting at me. (the takedown works even if you're not "stealth" anymore)

- took air filters from KO-ed guys all the time

- went crazy on the flamethrower guy at the end, shooting all over the place (including those shields)

so that worked for me somehow. basically the only thing i really paid attention to was NOT raising an alarm in the CONTAGION level because there seems to be a chance that an enemy kills himself in the fire which locks the trophy (from what i read). so i just did this chapter 100% stealth (unlike most other chapters).

however, i hope these infos help you somehow.

good luck to anyone!

dernop

This trophy is ridiculous. 2 tries and no luck!! Read all the forums, did everything right. don't feel like another stealth play thru. Time to shelf the game..

that sucks, i feel for you man :/

are you sure you didn't raise an alarm AT ALL in the contagion level? (somehow i have a feeling that this is like one of the most important and missable things)

And i guess it would be most safe not to use chapter select at all until you finished a playthrough completely. Though you can definitely use chapter select to for example retry a whole level instead of last checkpoint just make sure you don't kill anyone even in chapter select... this is how i got it like i said.

perhaps try it one last time by rushing through a NG on easy. keep in mind it's just about not killing anyone, you don't have to do it stealthily (besides CONTAGION to be safe), which eats up most of the playtime...

good luck!

It must definitely be a glitch, if all these folks had issues. With all the talk about Shadow Ranger being glitched, I was for sure I wouldn't get the trophy.

I was sure to only hit the square button, went stealth as much as I could. I didn't reload chapters, but I did reload checkpoints often. I knocked out the guy in the water, but then reloaded checkpoint and let him be.

I removed air canisters on soldiers outside. I ran over knocked out humans in Bandits level. In Contagion level, I did knock out a couple of humans, but went mostly stealth, made sure to watch for anyone running into fire.

The Chase was a bitch, and I thought I fucked the trophy off for sure. I saw the game auto-save right as I knocked a guy out, so I thought maybe I knifed him by accident since you are running for you life.

D6 level, I blew up the tank near the right end, but I thought I sniped some guys by accident, even saw some bodies laying down after. The flamethrower guy, I just went all out because I didn't care at that point, so I sprayed the mini-gun everywhere.

I was relieved to get Shadow Ranger, did the ol' fist pump. So for others, I wouldn't be scared off too much. If it doesn't glitch, then it's actually pretty easy to obtain. The combat is not challenging.

It must definitely be a glitch, if all these folks had issues. With all the talk about Shadow Ranger being glitched, I was for sure I wouldn't get the trophy.

It's not a glitch. The trophy just has such obscure criteria that it's impossible to tell what you did wrong if you don't get the trophy. Is there still no talk of a patch that would make this trophy more benign?

• 4 weeks later...

ok i just got the trophy here's what I did :

- during the dream sequence i did not fired my weapon the game promotes me to QTE when needed

- I did not knocked out the civilian workers in one of those stages

- I did not looted any filters from anyone that I knocked out

- In the burning house chapter I did not knocked out anyone and no alarm

- I spared Pavel and letnisky's lives

on a side note , in the bandits chapter , watch out when you knock someone out on the rail , i thought that if a knocked out enemies head on the rail and you drove over him will count as a kill ( LOL ) and also I did not get the good ending but i got the shadow rangers

Good luck to everyone who's trying :D

When I played the contagion level I thought I was done for because I knocked a guy out and his head was lying in the fire, thought too late now might as well give it a go and finish the game, being relatively near the end. (This was my second attempt at shadow ranger)

I made sure though that none of the two guys on the bandits level, heads were on the tracks. I took all the airfilters I could get my hands on. And I got the trophy. Hope this can help someone.

i had to play the game twice ( in addition to my previous playthroughs, months ago, when i did not care bout getting the plat) to earn this damn trophy. I really thought i've been very careful the first time, and was pretty sure i didn't killed anyone, but it didn't pop :(... I got it now, just like an hour ago. This time around i chose not too use the minigun against the flamethrower guy, cause i was afraid that i kill one the guys with the shield protecting him, so i went with the sniper that i used to take down the tank, it takes about 20 bullets, and he gets pretty close, so you have to be sure not to miss any of your shots.:uzi:

• 6 months later...