"Big news" inbound, countdown on official site

IGN has teased a major announcement about Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, along with a message from Hideo Kojima, which will be made public this Wednesday, March 4th.

Link: Big Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain News Is Coming - IGN

Also, the most original countdown I've ever seen has appeared on MGSV official site, obviously referring to the same announcement as IGN.

Link: METAL GEAR SOLID V

It seems like we're finally getting our release date. If only that Phantom Cigar was a real thing. :rolleyes:

Exciting. I'm hoping that they'll reveal the release date too, and possibly any sort of Collector's Edition. I'm guessing that the release date might be in the summer since Kojima does release a lot of Metal Gear games around that time to commemorate the original release, like they did with MGS4.

Unless the announcement is "we snuck the game into stores, stop listening to us and go buy the game" I'm going to be less than satisfied. I had hoped to not just have a release date by now but to actually be playing it.

Whenever the release date is, it's too far away.

Yeah pretty much, I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Unless the announcement is "we snuck the game into stores, stop listening to us and go buy the game" I'm going to be less than satisfied. I had hoped to not just have a release date by now but to actually be playing it.

Yeah, I agree with the both of you. The sooner the better.

Yeah, I agree with the both of you. The sooner the better.

Good things come those who wait my friends :p

Good things come those who wait my friends :p

I agree. Of course I'd rather be playing it now, but trying to shape reality into the form of our own expectations seems a bit childish to me. Kojima is one of the few guys I trust in this industry, and we all know he delivers. As long as they don't mock me time and again by telling me the game will be here "soon" when they know that's not true (which they sort of did once, by teasing the game too early, in my opinion), they can take all the time they want. Just release a polished product up to MGS standards.

I'd only be less than satisfied if one of the most (if not the most) promising games for this year turned out to be a half-assed and rushed product due to Konami's/fans' pressure on Kojima Productions.

The game's probably right around the corner, and it's surely going to be awesome. Chill. :)

I think we can all agree we have waited long enough ;)

It's hard to believe it's been so long but I've been waiting for a full fledged game for almost seven years.

At least it's not as bad as The Last Guardian :francis:

:p

Do people still think that's a thing? I gave up on that years ago.

Someone dug around in the source code's .css and it appears to display the release date when the counter hits zero

NeoGAF - View Single Post - New MGS5 The Phantom Pain Announcement on Wednesday

I'd love it to be May 5th but 2 months of promotion seems not that likely. :(

I'd be pretty happy with early May.

MGS4 was dated in February and it launched in June; 4 months.

May isn't out of the realm of possibility:think::think:

Early May would be excellent news. It's all down to how long they plan to extend the marketing phase of the game. I hope they take into account all the marketing that's been done prior to the announcement of the release date, which has been made quite late, considering other AAA titles.

^ "Accidentally" leaked by IGN. If that date is true, then I'm not surprised that they're the ones who have the big mouths to ruin it for everyone. Still, I don't trust IGN's word for anything and I'll still wait for the official announcement tomorrow and see if there actually is a release date or not.

^ "Accidentally" leaked by IGN. If that date is true, then I'm not surprised that they're the ones who have the big mouths to ruin it for everyone. Still, I don't trust IGN's word for anything and I'll still wait for the official announcement tomorrow and see if there actually is a release date or not.

Not sure why you wouldn't trust IGN. I don't like them either because they're idiots but that doesn't mean they have false information. We don't take them seriously for their stupid opinions but not for their information. Tomorrow's announcement is a joint marketing between IGN and Konami.