Skullface Figure

Everyone's favourite burnt buddy can be yours for the low low price of $75 (plus shipping). The figure is nice, I just wish I knew more about the character.. Whatta ya think?

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | Play Arts Kai - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Skull Face(Preorder)

It seems like a fine piece of artwork. I'm not one to spend that much money on this kind of thing, but if I were, I definitely wouldn't purchase a figure of a character I barely know anything about, like you said.

From what we know so far, I wouldn't know what to think if I saw the figure of a sadistic psychopath on a shelf in someone's room. :D

Looks great, but I'd rather have that Venom Snake figure.

I don't collect figures at all but I've been itching to start getting some Metal Gear figures. This Solid Snake figure from Play Arts Kai is super tempting. And super expensive. :(

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Square-Metal-Solid-Break-Figure/dp/B0062HGY32/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1417272370&sr=8-24&keywords=Metal+Gear+Solid+Snake+figure]Amazon.com: Square Enix Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Break Kai Solid Snake Figure: Toys & Games[/ame]

Looks great, but I'd rather have that Venom Snake figure.

I don't collect figures at all but I've been itching to start getting some Metal Gear figures. This Solid Snake figure from Play Arts Kai is super tempting. And super expensive. :(

Amazon.com: Square Enix Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Break Kai Solid Snake Figure: Toys & Games

Maybe I shouldn't look at it that way, but every time I think I want one of those and I see the usual prices, I can't help immediately calculating how many games I could buy with the same amount of money. And then is usually when the idea quickly fades away. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldn't look at it that way, but every time I think I want one of those and I see the usual prices, I can't help immediately calculating how many games I could buy with the same amount of money. And then is usually when the idea quickly fades away. :rolleyes:

Mmm, good point. For the price of that Solid Snake figure I posted, I could probably spend that money on a refurbished NES instead...get Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge...plus a ton of other NES games too!

Amiami was selling that figure for $45 too :pout: I can not wait for the Phantom Pain "Sneaking Suit Snake" figure to come out, it basically combines Solid and BB into one figure :drool:

One good thing about these types of figures is that they are a one shot deal so they will always be worth like double within a year; my Cyborg Ninja (also Play Arts Kai) can sell for a few hundred, that's alot of new games...

Edited by Dipsy

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really payed much attension to the action figures except for some that I see at places like game stop but those are like $20 or so. What's the deal with these being so expensive? I was kind of shocked when I seen the price, thought it must be life size or something at first. :p

I've never really payed much attension to the action figures except for some that I see at places like game stop but those are like $20 or so. What's the deal with these being so expensive? I was kind of shocked when I seen the price, thought it must be life size or something at first. :p

Most are scaled to 1/8 or 1/12. They're expensive because they are show pieces (way more detail and don't take too much abuse) and most Japanese figures are hand painted. 75 is relatively cheap when you start comparing certain manufacturers :eek:

I see, thanks. I can see $75 on them being hand painted and well done but that link to amazon was $320 + $28 shipping I think it was for solid snake.

Another thing I forgot to add was that most of the time these sorts of figures are a one shot deal so sellers know they can jack the price up a bit more since they know they will be sold. Some people collect cars while others collect toys - to each their own but yeah, that Snake figure's price is just ridiculous :p