Rathalos Wing?

I keep trying and trying i kill it in about a min and 30 seconds about 40 times now and still no drop how long did it take anyone else?

got it at first try with a B rank, you need to focus in fisical damage:make sure to cut off his tail and break the spikes of his wings and head, this will increase the chances of getting the wing, just like doing the same ammount of damage works in the monster hunter games. hope it helps!!:whistle:

In case anyone else still needs to know about this I came across the following text on a forum while playing the psp version a long time ago. Had it saved as a text note on my phone so I can't credit anyone I'm afraid, no idea where I got it from now.

As you will see you can improve your chances from 1/33 to 1/3.

Base odds - 1/35 (day) or 1/33 (dusk)

Destroy head - take off 3 from denominator.

Destroy wing - take off 5 from denominator, -10 if you took out both wing.

Destroy tail - take off 7 from denominator.

Sleep - take off 10 from denominator.

All of them are cumulative.

• 2 weeks later...

Even after approximately 50 kills I haven't gotten it - most of those breaking every part of him, and several putting him to sleep after breaking everything. It's really really random and either the above formula (which I've seen before) is false or I'm just terribly unlucky (which seems to happen a lot for me in any game).

WTF! Me and my friend were playing this shit together (he was hosting) and he got it I didn't!

That was like on our 7th try cutting off its tail and with only one health bar left putting it to sleep. Then he left and I kept trying by killing it - putting it to sleep by yourself takes forever - and nothing after about 30 tries! This is so much bullshit!

My total monsters hunted stat is now up to 112 - 10 of those were the other missions, 102 of them were Rathalos. Most of those were with all parts broken and a kill, about 30 were all parts broken and tranquilized and I still didn't get the wing. No idea what's up with the droprate of it.