Peace Walker Legs

For those of you who have actually gotten the legs from peace walker what version did you get them from and did you do anything other than destroy the AI pod and also ive beaten both custom and type 2 more than I can count and honestly im getting a bit annoyed with it so any details would be appreciated

For those of you who have actually gotten the legs from peace walker what version did you get them from and did you do anything other than destroy the AI pod and also ive beaten both custom and type 2 more than I can count and honestly im getting a bit annoyed with it so any details would be appreciated

Just make sure you don't lower the legs hp to under 91% or you won't get them.

I was only destroying the pod, thanks for the replies I finally got them last night probably battled both combined at least 60 times before I got the stupid legs I ended up getting 2 heads before getting the legs

EDIT: For those who maybe interested I finally got the legs from peace walker custom

Edited by JL85

• 3 weeks later...
Which weapons you used to get the legs? Also did the AI pod have [M] memory boards? I keep getting those in my pod although Mobility in the analyzer says 100%... I don't collect them but still no luck. Any tips from the happy owners? :)

Getting the parts doesn't require you to use any specific weapon, it's all a matter of luck with a bit of precision. The legs drop randomly after destroying the boss but will not drop if you damage the part too much. The best way to be sure you earn the legs is shoot the AI pod without hitting the legs. The memory boards don't matter either. Be sure you're fighting the Tier 2 and Tier 3 Peace Walker to earn the legs (EXTRA OPS 118-119).

But if you're really curious about what weapons I used; MG3(AP), M47, Carlton Gustav.

• 7 months later...
Maybe wait till you get m47, peace walker 2 goes down relatively fast then. Only aim for ai pod. I made a few mistakes and leg piece was at 85% and I still got it.....

I have the m47, I just did peace walker battle 2 and the legs were at 99% and I got zip. Guess I will just keep trying type 2 and custom. I still need the paz tapes anyway!

• 1 year later...

I played type 2 peace walker about 10 times w my friend until I said f*** this, then my friend had to go and I decided to do peace walker custom battle solo. I timed my M47 shots to hit the head and the pod, not the legs. I ended up damaging the legs with a percentage of 98%, but I got the legs. What I used: M47 Level 3, M202A1 Level 3, M134 Level 1, Infinity Bandanna.

Strategy: When Peace Walker went in Anti-field mode, I whipped out my M134 and kept shooting it in the head till in malfunctions, then 2 quick M47 shots. I use M202A1 when it walks, and I just shoot the launchers on its back while its walking. Using powerful weapons + Bandanna is key. Best of luck

• 5 months later...

OMG, i have played PW type II and custom 1.4 million times and nothing, I know this is an old thread but if anyone has a trick, tip, fokin cheat I will take it, driving me mad - the stupid Ratholos thingy was easier to drop than this...

I have done it a few times with NOTHING damaged except the AI pod, using M47, M134 (gatling gun) and CG?

• 4 weeks later...

After two hours I finally beat Peacewalker tier II. I don't have the bandana yet, so I really struggled for awhile, using up 9 out of 10 support markers, and the battle lasted 36 minutes! (It was has way too much health!) Anyway, the legs were around 60% HP when I finally won and I got the legs on my first try.

Didn't expect it since everyone kept saying not to drop the legs HP below 95%. *shrugs*

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Bandana.

I played with 2 ppl from Japan. I just kept spanning chaffs as they 'lit peace walker up.'

I didn't check, but I'm SURE we didn't damage the legs too much, but got nothing!

Will try again, as I have a Pupa head.

I went to bed muttering to myself: 'I know we didn't damage the legs! Wtf?'

• 3 weeks later...

Even without damaging the legs, it's still a random chance. You can also get them even with damaging the legs, it's just very rare. I've had them drop twice out of 5 times fighting it, and one of those times I had hit the legs with a few M47s. Just keep at it. It's an annoying fight, but the bandanna makes it a lot easier.

• 3 weeks later...