Rate the trophy difficulty...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.11

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

A 5 or 6 if you know what you're doing. I had all but maybe 20 missions S ranked on psp and the only reason I didn't finish was because I got distracted by other games. All the other trophies are pretty easy to get as well, though I don't know what the hidden ones are yet but most likely they are story related or easter egg related.

A 5 or 6 if you know what you're doing. I had all but maybe 20 missions S ranked on psp and the only reason I didn't finish was because I got distracted by other games. All the other trophies are pretty easy to get as well, though I don't know what the hidden ones are yet but most likely they are story related or easter egg related.

i would agree with a 5 or 6 i was actually thinking less tho

Voted 7. It's not easy nor hard but it sure requires a lot of work. Most of the game is working than grinding. Vic Vos trophy is a pain deep in the ass, really. S ranks isn't hard if you have the right weapons and to get them you'll need to finish some very hard mission while being weak.

I had no problems with Vic Vos. Just got it about a half hour ago and only played VS Ops for about 3 - 4 hours, with a lot of the same people mind you, but was getting 1 to 2k a match towards the end. I didn't find it to be nearly as difficult as it might seem. If you do it all Co Op then I can see it being a pain though, since you seem to get far less comraderie then in VS.

I don't see this being more than a 6 in difficulty, S ranking isn't bad with the right setups, just like you said, and Vic Vos really wasn't as bad as you said if you do it all in VS Ops. I've done all the really hard missions to get the weapons on the psp version and this one is a lot easier with a left analog stick. Shouldn't be a problem really.

4 only cause alot of these are rather easy.... just alot of grinding.

I've seen a lot of posts in several threads with people saying there's a lot of grinding. I haven't got very far in the game myself, but it does seem like it's going to be a time sponge. Any estimates on how much time will be required for platnum?

i've played this on psp for about 60 hours doing everything,and now running through the ps3 version practically s-ranking every mission on the first try,it wasn't hard on psp but it's even easier with a second analogue stick

only played 3 hours yet and about 50% done already,lol!

right now i would rate it 2 or 3 if you played it on psp,4-5 if not

beginner tip: NEVER use snake in extra ops,he can't level up like the normal soldiers,switch soldiers everytime you hit max gmp with one

more money = better weapon development = better equipment = easier time on bosses

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

I've seen a lot of posts in several threads with people saying there's a lot of grinding. I haven't got very far in the game myself, but it does seem like it's going to be a time sponge. Any estimates on how much time will be required for platnum?

I got my platinum after 100 hours of playtime. You might think you're moving at a good pace during the first 20 or so hours, but eventually the game starts to slow down a bit. Weapons will take longer to make at higher ranks, mech quests will take up a lot of time (and there are a lot of them) and you'll probably farm some missions in order for A or S rank soldiers.

S ranking all of the missions took quite a bit of time, too. It wasn't hard by any means, but there were a lot of them to do.

I got my platinum after 100 hours of playtime. You might think you're moving at a good pace during the first 20 or so hours, but eventually the game starts to slow down a bit. Weapons will take longer to make at higher ranks, mech quests will take up a lot of time (and there are a lot of them) and you'll probably farm some missions in order for A or S rank soldiers.

S ranking all of the missions took quite a bit of time, too. It wasn't hard by any means, but there were a lot of them to do.

And God they get boring! LOL. Only reason I never S ranked everything on psp is because I got so bored of the damn vehicles. Did like 8 of them last night with a buddy and got so bored. I still put it at a 5 minimum, just because those tanks can be a royal pain sometimes.

I got my platinum after 100 hours of playtime...S ranking all of the missions took quite a bit of time, too. It wasn't hard by any means, but there were a lot of them to do.

And God they get boring!...

That's what I'm saying. Nothing seems very hard so far, but it's just so tedious. I never thought I'd be bored with a MGS game, but I don't know if I can be bothered with this one.

That's what I'm saying. Nothing seems very hard so far, but it's just so tedious. I never thought I'd be bored with a MGS game, but I don't know if I can be bothered with this one.

I have about 10 vehicle missions left and we're working on them now. It actually gets kinda fun when you have a partner that compliments you're playstyle well. Then I have like two of the other missions that those last 10 unlock somewhere and the monsters and I'll have S ranked everything. Solo the tanks are a royal pain but in co op as long as you both use the recovery box its not so bad.

EDIT: Figured I'd post this in here since it'd be a double post if I didn't, I just platinumed it and I'd give it a definite 5, the last monster mission can be kinda a pain to S rank but is doable solo and pretty easy in co op. Tank missions are the only ones that are really a pain, and even those there are ways to make them more manageable. Really a 5, nothing really too tough.

Edited by snake2410

• 2 weeks later...
Just Platinumed the game :dance: I Vote 3 :)

For me all the mission were easy, the most time consuming was when i collecting ppl for R&D, Mess Hall, Intel, and Medic to reach lv 99 :mad: after that done the rest is simple :D

Its a good game and i enjoy it :dance:

glad you finally got it as well.

I'm glad I was able to get it during my console constantly freezing now since after the update.

But I gave it a 5, cause while it's not hard, without a guide to help you, you wouldn't know how to even do it, like the divine wind trophy. If I didn't come onto sites all the time about video games and this site, I would have been like WTF HOW I DO THAT?

5. Did all missions on PSP so I knew what to expect. I know by fact the game over trophy was one of the last I got. I still needed about 25 game over after I was done with everything. The tank, armored vehicles and choppers which are hard battles if you rambo them can be done quickly using cheap methods :D

That said, this trophy is just time-consuming, maybe a little difficult. My time is 89:20:07 but that because I was doing other stuff like getting my MB rank up to 99 in each area, and getting most weapons even though there's no trophy for that. I can guess it could have been only about 80 hours for platinum.

I'm checking my time on PSP which is almost a year old save, and the time was 101:05:01. That is only doing all missions and some weapons, but didn't bother to get s rank in extra ops since it was to difficult to do on the PSP.

it's a 3,nothing is really hard besides 1-2 custom vehicle missions that can instant kill you,getting the game over screen 50 times is one of the hardest trophies,lol

i s-ranked all tank missions in only 2 sittings,1 mission takes 5-8 minutes if you rush through with fulton launcher + bandana,and i only used this weak 4-shot rocketlauncher for them because the m47 takes like 4 ingame hours to finish,i was done with all missions before i even got the weapon

the chopper missions can be a pain solo so i suggest doing them online using the 1-shot-railgun trick,you can also farm camaraderie this way,getting around 500 every mission (which only lasts 1-2 minutes)

my time was 54:13:38 when getting the platinum but it can be done alot faster,especially if you have a buddy with the plat already,he can s rank the tank missions for you and you will get so many A and S rank soldiers this way that you never really need to farm any (or you have to play our favourite perfect stealth mission over and over,curse you extra ops 49)

all in all a very fun game,easy but time consuming

I voted a 4.

While in the beginning it seems daunting it eases up once you start gathering the schematics so you can research the top-tier weapons. There is ALOT of grinding but once you get the M47, M134 and the Bandana you can start to clear out the AI battles. Once you get the Rank 5 Hush Puppy, Mosin Nagant and the sneaking suit you can start to S Rank the main ops and extra ops.

So it is pretty hard at first but after a while, with some grinding, it becomes decent.

The MP was a royal pain in the ass too. If you don't save after VS Ops you lose your camaraderie. Found that out the hard way at the expense of 7,500 pts. The Railgun method is the way to go. With the help of two others, with the average per round of 600pts we all got Vic Vos in an hour or so, and that was with several screw ups.

Overall, very pleasant surprise of a game. It was nice to see the transition of Big Boss from Snake Eater into the Big Boss of later years (MGS1 onward).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Voted 5/10. The beginning may be tough. Once you unlock high level weapons, it becomes a joke. Playing it in coop also make things very easy.

I did everything solo though with the exception of boosting camaraderie using railgun and S ranking the monster missions. I am also pleasantly surprised by this game, ended up enjoying it quite a bit although the going may be off putting to some. My save file reads 98 hours and 49 minutes, took almost a month to platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 7. The trophies themselves aren't too difficult, its more or less the insane amount of grinding that you have to do in order to get a few trophies, and since my luck was pretty poor, it took awhile for me to get the Rathalos Wing. Other than the grinding it wasn't too difficult though.