Will my saves work?

I want to get the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy collection, coming out this July first on the US/JP. My problem is that im almost done with the platinum on MGS4

and i was wondering if my save file would work with it. Here's the link:)

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Same case that happened with the GOTY edition for Arkham Asylum, saves from the original game wouldn't work with it, and you needed to start over. Any clues?

You get the existing MGS games that have trophies i.e MGS 2, 3, 4 and Peace Walker, MGS 1 is exactly the same as the PS1 Original that's on the store right now. If you already have all these games then the Legacy release is a waste of money.

Wich is why i held back when the first HD collection was released, now is the time my man....:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Just got the Legacy collection, it is worth the trouble of getting it. And yeah my past saves from MGS4 Work. 10 out of 10 man. Awesome art book aswell

Lucky you! I wish I could get it!

I will soon though, just got to wait for it!

Enjoy it man!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had MGS: Legacy finally on my hands today, and my misfortune was that I couldn't use my previous MGS4 save game. Here what I did:

> Confirmed the saved game on PS3

> Uninstall previous MGS4, since MGS4 on Legacy box ask to install again (which makes no sense to me, but OK)

> Confirmed again the saved MGS4 game. It was there (listed on PS3).

> Opened MGS4 (Legacy one) and tried to load the save, without success. MGS4 from Legacy box didn't showed the saved games.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I had MGS: Legacy finally on my hands today, and my misfortune was that I couldn't use my previous MGS4 save game. Here what I did:

> Confirmed the saved game on PS3

> Uninstall previous MGS4, since MGS4 on Legacy box ask to install again (which makes no sense to me, but OK)

> Confirmed again the saved MGS4 game. It was there (listed on PS3).

> Opened MGS4 (Legacy one) and tried to load the save, without success. MGS4 from Legacy box didn't showed the saved games.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Corrupt savegames perhaps?

Fortunately not. I reinstalled the previous MGS4 and I was able to load the game. But not on the Legacy version.

Maybe it has something to do with the trophy patch that was added a couple of years ago? I believe some people had similar troubles, back on the day. Taking the release date of the Legacy Collection into account, the patch is likely already installed on the game itself, which might cause trouble when trying to load savefiles from older versions of the game.