Rate the trophy difficulty...  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't put my vote in yet until I get my plat but anywhere in the 8-9 is where expect to see this game end up.

Edit. finally got my plat. I went with a 9. Between The Boss run, chicken run, and the minimum 8 playthroughs; that combination could test anyone.

Edited by M-Easy

Keep this thread on topic. Only post if you're voting on the game or want to discuss the game's difficulty. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If you want to argue someone's opinion, do it off the site or via PMs/VMs instead of derailing the thread.

*some posts deleted/edited*

I voted a 9 out of 10

Reasons

#1 - The game requires a significant amount of patience, expertise and memorization in order to achieve Platinum.

#2 - Simple mistakes/oversights can lead one to play large portions of gameplay over again in order to achieve what you want.

#3 - Flashback Mania feels ridiculously random and arbitrary

#4 - A minimum of 8 playthroughs is ridiculous for any game to achieve Platinum

#5 - Stocking up for Boss Extreme is preferred to make things easier

8/10 sounds about right. A lot of that stems from the BB emblem run on The Boss Extreme difficulty. There are a few sections in that that made me almost pull out my hair when I did it back in 2008. Holy shit, the bike chase in Act 3 is brutal at times and parts of Acts 1 and 2 can be frustrating due to the amount of potential eyes that can see you trying to sprint through the area.

8/10 sounds about right. A lot of that stems from the BB emblem run on The Boss Extreme difficulty. There are a few sections in that that made me almost pull out my hair when I did it back in 2008. Holy shit, the bike chase in Act 3 is brutal at times and parts of Acts 1 and 2 can be frustrating due to the amount of potential eyes that can see you trying to sprint through the area.

for act3 for easy to aim to shoot just turn on auto aim on option.

Yes, BBE is difficult but only if you don't know what to do/fight.

Other than that, it's time consumming only for the chicken/cow emblem, you can skip all cutscenes and barely having to invest 3-4 hours tops for the rest of the emblems.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that before the patch, I did the BBE run (literally, run!) and ended up with a time of 3 h 15 min, not bad for a MGS vet like myself.

Edited by mcclane3

Yes, BBE is difficult but only if you don't know what to do/fight.

Other than that, it's time consumming only for the chicken/cow emblem, you can skip all cutscenes and barely having to invest 3-4 hours tops for the rest of the emblems.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that before the patch, I did the BBE run (literally, run!) and ended up with a time of 3 h 15 min, not bad for a MGS vet like myself.

You got the right idea there.:)

I voted 7. Not much difficulty. Just "Flat-Out Time Consumming."

Besides, if you rush your playthrus, you can get a 1 h 30 min time at the end. Don't take too long. But, I guess some people don't have that much time to spare.

And about that BBE time; My best was 3 h 22 min. Looks like my personal best has been bested again.:p

No offence but that's kinda slow. My first Big Boss run was 3:06, and that was a week after the game came out 4 years ago... lol.

Any MGS vet shouldn't be happy with anything over 2:40.

OT: I still think 8 is way too high. Stuff like Killzone 2 on Elite would get an 8 or 9 from me, and that game was brutally difficult. MGS4 doesn't come close!