realistically, will u plat this game?

will u actually plat this game?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. will u actually plat this game?

after waiting 4 long years, this game is finally getting trophies

but it looks like u need to play the game 8 times for plat, due to needing all the emblems

if u are one of those ppl who have already played this game several times before, or may have already earned all the emblems pre-trophy patch, do u feel disappointed that u need to do it EIGHT MORE TIMES?

this question is directed more towards the hardcore mgs4 players and /or trophy completionists

do not post about "play it for fun trophies are secondary" :rolleyes:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuppers. With the exception of the Chicken Emblem and the Big Boss Emblem, the rest of the playthroughs won't really take all that long. Even with the requirements of several hundred kills, lots of alerts and continues, or whatever the requirements may be for the individual playthroughs, each playthrough could be completed in 2-4 hours. It'll get repetitive, but it's not exactly a mind numbingly hard platinum (from what we know so far), nor will it be stupidly long - despite there being 8 playthroughs.

I cant actually be bothered, despite being a big MGS fan.

To me MGS4 was enjoyable to play once, just for the cutscenes and story tie-ups. The gameplay itself is not worth 8 playthoughs. In fact the gameplay seemed so bland, I dont even remember any of it, just the epic boss battle at the very end.

Definitely going to go for this Platinum and confident that I will succeed. 4 years later, it's still one of the best PS3 games ever to be released. It's also my favorite MGS in the series, don't care what others say. I think it's a fucking masterpiece. So this Plat is a requirement for me. Besides, it will look fantastic among my other MGS HD Collection Plats.

8 playthroughs is a lot, but remember, this is MGS. A huge portion of the game are cutscenes and codecs. Once you start skipping those you can tear through the game pretty quick. And considering you can save and reload as much as you want on your BBE run, it's totally doable. Still difficult, but doable. The only part I'm really dreading is the motorcycle sequence.

I just wish hey'd released these a bit earlier in the summer. Now I feel rushed with all the great games coming out. A game like this requires a lot of focus from me. Hopefully I can get it done between Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2.

Definitely going to go for this Platinum and confident that I will succeed. 4 years later, it's still one of the best PS3 games ever to be released. It's also my favorite MGS in the series, don't care what others say. I think it's a fucking masterpiece. So this Plat is a requirement for me. Besides, it will look fantastic among my other MGS HD Collection Plats.

8 playthroughs is a lot, but remember, this is MGS. A huge portion of the game are cutscenes and codecs. Once you start skipping those you can tear through the game pretty quick. And considering you can save and reload as much as you want on your BBE run, it's totally doable. Still difficult, but doable. The only part I'm really dreading is the motorcycle sequence.

I just wish hey'd released these a bit earlier in the summer. Now I feel rushed with all the great games coming out. A game like this requires a lot of focus from me. Hopefully I can get it done between Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2.

ohhh the motorcycle scene.... i remember that. worst part of BBE

Oh, absolutely. I've basically platinum'd this game already since I've done everything required in the trophy list released and even beyond them back when the game first came out. Was it easy? Hell no. But I'm sure I can do it again. Can't wait for this and I'm anxious to see what they add aside from trophies and the new install feature in the patch.

I've gotten all 40 emblems before so the platinum is in the bag for me. It's good to know it won't be as hard as the Metal Gear Solid 2 platinum. Gotta love those VR Missions, right? Next to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 I'd say Metal Gear Solid 2 was the hardest game I've platinum'd. Jeez what's with numbered sequels with "2" in their name. Do they have to be really hard by some imaginary trophy law? Methinks it's a conspiracy. :think:

Thinking about this today, I've never platted a MGS game. Only have played MGS4. As hard as they are, not sure I feel it in me to plat it. I've had a hard game already this year. Not sure I'm up to the challenge for 2. Good luck for those getting ready to go 4 it. Make it happen.