About the face paints

Hey guys, I decided that I would complete this game in two playthroughs, one in a no kill run and to enjoy the story. And the other using the one way platinum guide. But here's my problem: When selecting new game, I didn't choose "I like MGS3!" at the start, but there are face paints that to acquire them you need to select that option. So my question is: after I finish this playthrough, do I select NG+ or do I just start a clean playthrough and just use the one way plat guide?

When selecting new game, I didn't choose "I like MGS3!" at the start, but there are face paints that to acquire them you need to select that option. So my question is: after I finish this playthrough, do I select NG+ or do I just start a clean playthrough and just use the one way plat guide?

You can get the face paint trophy no matter what option you pick. Thing is, if you pick "I like MGS3", the game might not glitch out on you. I didn't pick that option and I didn't glitch, so you might or might not either. Make sure you're playing with the latest patch, I think it fixes that issue.

If you start a NG+ you'll only have to go for the missing face paints. If it does glitch on you, start a NG+ and reach to the point where you acquire your backpack, and hope the trophy pops there. You could also start a new playthrough and go for all of them, it's up to you.

Edited by Zanish09

You can get the face paint trophy no matter what option you pick. Thing is, if you pick "I like MGS3", the game might not glitch out on you. I didn't pick that option and I didn't glitch, so you might or might not either. Make sure you're playing with the latest patch, I think it fixes that issue.

If you start a NG+ you'll only have to go for the missing face paints. If it does glitch on you, start a NG+ and reach to the point where you acquire your backpack, and hope the trophy pops there. You could also start a new playthrough and go for all of them, it's up to you.

Thank you. So that means I won't have to worry about it then :)

• 9 months later...

The glitch is very weird and inconsistent. I had it happen to me because I figured getting them after beating the game would be enough, but nope. Played with the most recent patch, too.

Going back on NG+ didn't work either, I had to start an entirely new game (since NG+ doesn't let you pick a different answer) and clear the whole thing again. Not really a huge deal since you can speed-run the game in about 3 hours very easily, but kind of annoying.

If you aren't too far into the game I'd honestly just start all over to save time, in my experience the odds of it glitching are pretty high.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I got all 23 face paints written in the trophy guide, I chose "I like mgs3" but no trophy, why? I thought the glitch happens only if you don't choose "I like mgs3".

Did you finish the game with Tsuchionko snake in your inventory? Neither guide mentions it, but you get an Infinity Face Paint after you complete the game, only if you still have that snake with you.